joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a good pack-enhancer at least for TOL-ORH NW? We thump front end, then go to ice, then drizzle at 33-34 before flash freezing at night. Nice way to solidify the crust of the feet and feet of snow we have.

Pretty much the way it's likely to play out..though I'm not sure anywhere nw of PVD IJD HVN gets above 32

Jesus - GEM brings temps into the mid 50s to the VT border!

This kind of reminds me of one of those systems from January.  There was that hint of a bit of rain days earlier, with many folks discounting such because it was so cold at the time... but in the end we got just that, high temps up into VT, and a good amount of rain for us. 

Was great since it helped give me the current pond that I have on the side of my house now buried under feet of snow.

...I feel it coming...am bracing for it...and looking forward to it.

Edit:  I think it was the Canadian model that stood alone for that one.

This kind of reminds me of one of those systems from January.  There was that hint of a bit of rain days earlier, with many folks discounting such because it was so cold at the time... but in the end we got just that, high temps up into VT, and a good amount of rain for us. 

Was great since it helped give me the current pond that I have on the side of my house now buried under feet of snow.

...I feel it coming...am bracing for it...and looking forward to it.

Edit:  I think it was the Canadian model that stood alone for that one.

Didn't Tippy post something a few days ago about how the paradigm shifted and that we were back to the the setup that produced rainer-freeze-rainer-freeze...?  Sound familiar?

If you go into this inland thinking.. snow to ice to snow and coast... snow to ice to light rain to snow....that's the way to lean for now

Knowing models struggle to handle low level cold..knowing there's a weak low and ageo drain..knowing theres 2-4 feet OTG..

we;ve seen this before many..many times

really we have seen 2-4 feet on the ground many times?

Didn't Tippy post something a few days ago about how the paradigm shifted and that we were back to the the setup that produced rainer-freeze-rainer-freeze...?  Sound familiar?

I think so.

As I recall, our epic run in the winter of 2010-2011 lasted about 4 weeks. This week would be 4 weeks of epicosity snows, so maybe it is indeed coming to an end.

I'm leaning towards a warm and weak system, something similar to the GFS. I don't see anything to stop the warm air from coming north, there's no high in a good position to keep cold locked in, we've got the SE ridge that allows warm air to come in, and snowpack can only do so much. I think the GGEM is out to lunch as it's known for overamplifying these systems and has a warm bias, but I think anyone south of CNE hoping for a net gain with this will be very disappointed. 

Could be very ugly for Boston/eastern SNE with a quick warmup, a bit of melting and rain, and then a flash freeze. 

Agreed..just was fun to see if folks would think it was right. Back to the GGEM being useless it seems

The awesome streak of snow is going to break this weekend.  Embrace the rain. Love it. Live it. Drink it in.

I have begun preparations on my end.  200lbs of rock salt to begin with.  Last time this crap happened, everyone had run out when I needed it most.

He was right, there wasn't another nor easter in the pipeline. I don't think that implies through March.

Unless of course this trends well south and redevelops  lol

Claiming no more nor'easters after last week is plain stupid. Look at the pattern still coming up. Gimme a break. Not to mention the 1-2' coastal Maine will get...oh but I bet he saw that coming too and knew. :facepalm:

Archived