• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

It's not that different then the 6z, just a little more consolidated which is probably good because it means less rain. We will see.

I mean with your gut on 32 line staying near coast with snow to ice to snow . That IMO is a very good thought process based on the set up. It will not be all snow but all even coast will leave with a net gain and add some much needed ice to the pack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean with your gut on 32 line staying near coast with snow to ice to snow . That IMO is a very good thought process based on the set up. It will not be all snow but all even coast will leave with a net gain and add some much needed ice to the pack

I couldsee 35F for many with ZR on the roads with such cold pavement temperatures. 

It's probably going to be warmer a bit further NW then that. I said it would be closer to 32 near the storm track, not coast.

Syracuse to Burlington low track doesn't scream 32F on the coast to me lol

Yeah, but it almost has the look of being baggy over the deep interior. I mean a low with that track and barely 546 thicknesses? Plus it is weak. I almost envision the interior being calm at like 32 if you know what I mean. That is, if the storm is not stronger. Obviously a stronger low and all bets are off.

Yeah, but it almost has the look of being baggy over the deep interior. I mean a low with that track and barely 546 thicknesses? Plus it is weak. I almost envision the interior being calm at like 32 if you know what I mean. That is, if the storm is not stronger. Obviously a stronger low and all bets are off.

Yeah really depends on how strong that thing gets. Hires GFS is really wet for the S coast - almost looks like as the front gets hung up near the shore. 

That lead wave really warms the BL.  There is just no mechanism that I see that can keep places below 32F.

Yeah GFS doesn't get that warm... like 33-35 inland but it's definitely rain/zr after the initial snow. CF kind of gets stuck along the coast and it never penetrates inland much. 

If you go into this inland thinking.. snow to ice to snow and coast... snow to ice to light rain to snow....that's the way to lean for now

Knowing models struggle to handle low level cold..knowing there's a weak low and ageo drain..knowing theres 2-4 feet OTG..

we;ve seen this before many..many times

Archived