• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he go easy on us for the last three days? No. He made this forum unbearable for a lot of us...not just me. I'll take Rev Kev over him any day, not for science alone but just to make life enjoyable.

Everybody misses one from time to time...Jesus.

Your post is absurd.

He likes to break balls, but we all do, Kev included.

Messenger is one of the more knowledgeable hobbyists. 

BOS as of 7 am is +7 for round 2 and obviously counting.

Wow, we got that much overnight? I thought I was being a bit bullish with my 5"+ call, but that's going to be way too low likely if this keeps up for even another hour or two. Going to go try to get a measurement in a bit if I can find somewhere that isn't windblown or plowed.

It did axe my qpf in half 12 hours before the storm so the Euro did better here in my location.[/quote....you beat me too it and it gave us a lot more snow for MANY runs in a row....i got close to 4 here, basically back at the depth after the last storm ....i just wish we could get one storm with a foot in six or eight hrs ttsn or get depths over 30 inches or something to really share in the epicosity...10-11 stretch was still def better back here

Wow, we got that much overnight? I thought I was being a bit bullish with my 5"+ call, but that's going to be way too low likely if this keeps up for even another hour or two. Going to go try to get a measurement in a bit if I can find somewhere that isn't windblown or plowed.

We are 6.6 (as if 7am) from tying and eventually blowing past 93-94 to #2 of all time. Could happen today.

With 10.2" snowfall as of 7 am, Boston's seasonal tally has climbed to #3 on the all-time list. Only 1993-94 and 1995-96 had more snow.

February's snowfall has reached 52.5". That beats the February mark of 41.6" from 2003 by 10.9" or 1.1σ. It also smashes the all-time monthly figure of 43.3" from January 2005 by 0.9σ.

In terms of the "horse race" between 2014-15 and 1995-96, the latter winter's lead at the current point in time is growing. The figures through 7 am today.

Boston_Record_Snowfall_02152015.jpg

Amazing...that band is producing more 35-40 dbz echoes in SE MA...they are gonna get some huge totals there in a very short time from the earlier band and now this

Feb15_735am_Radar.gif

Winds have really increased in the last 15 minutes., backing to the W/NW/N at this point.  My speeds are way off--perhaps something to do with snow on the anemometer I'm guessing.

10.5/7

Yeah it never looked that good for western third of SNE...things were a bit too far east...we needed to tuck that 700 low more into Montauk/BID to get western SNE in the goods.

It never looked great out this way but I'll easily have the 4-6" BOX was calling for in Greenfield. I'm surprised we're in moderate snow right now with some heavier bands just E and W.

There was actually some MUCAPE in the sounding, and with those lapse rates there was absolutely a MAUL.

No wonder the skies lit up with lightning around there. It's almost like the perfect vicinity sounding for thundersnow.

I know Will and Scooter (maybe you too?) were pointing out a MAUL the other day

Nice

Archived