wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at how the GGEM generates all of that LE.  It is a classic, strong norlun signature.

Not saying it won't or can't happen but I would not hang my hat on that loose nail 66-72 hours out.

Also its surface depiction looks suspect with two sfc features.   I agree with

prior poster, don't think UKMET or especially euro will show LE like GGEM is showing.

For metro NYC this is a 1-3 or maybe 2-4" event unless there is a "norlun surprise".

You can really tell the negativos vs the optimists. The GEM has been consistent with its southern solutions as well, but no mention of that. Only the GFS is given credit for consistency. In addition, the GFS ticked south at 0z and 12z - not by much, but there is some movement. (And the GFS consistently stunk the past few storms.) I don't profess to know what will occur, but when looking at one side of the coin, you should probably look at the other.

Look at how the GGEM generates all of that LE. It is a classic, strong norlun signature.

Not saying it won't or can't happen but I would not hang my hat on that loose nail 66-72 hours out.

Also its surface depiction looks suspect with two sfc features. I agree with

prior poster, don't think UKMET or especially euro will show LE like GGEM is showing.

For metro NYC this is a 1-3 or maybe 2-4" event unless there is a "norlun surprise".

youll be wrong this won't be a 1-3 inches. This is a much more amplified system and redeveloping to our south which will mean the heaviest precip will pass right through our region. This is easily a 3-6 inch snow event. Fyi ggem has done well the last two years yes it's erratic sometimes but all models have shown to be erratic at times.

The euro has not been showing 12-18 inches of snow neither has the ukmet, not even close

this is the first ggem run to show high amounts. wait for the rest of the models to come in before making proclamations. btw, there have been a few impressive euro runs as well

Archived