gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottom line is if the 500mb low goes underneath you, the odds for heavy snow go up significantly. If it goes north of you or over you, at most it will be snow showers. It's very important this dig as far as it can.

I agree this means everything in this setup. The last storm (not the current clipper) was a pretty huge bust with uptons 90% lowest snow accumulations verifying 12 hours out. If the 500 goes north something similar (though we still get more then that mess) could happen.

I really have to go with the trend right now as it's been rock solid. Boston slammed by what in any given winter would be the block buster storm, DCA nada and NYC somewhere in between

SV maps still show 2-4" for the entire area except on LI where the amounts gradually go up. 6-8" for the far East end this run. I think you will see Watches hoisted for at least Suffolk County this afternoon.

Yes but like I said a few posts up... .25-.50" LE can be 4-8 inches depending on where you are with ratios.

This run isn't much drier at all for the NYC area, Down east Maine is like 2 feet though with insane winds. Even for us the winds will be very impressing with such a huge pressure gradient between the storm and HP to our west, low is the mid 960's on the Euro.

IVT on the Euro. If that doesn't work out then we are left with snow showers with maybe a period of accumulating snow for eastern LI IMO.

Agree, no IVT and euro is high on LE.  Even w/o INV I think 1-2" windblown stuff would be a good possibility.

That INV has time to wiggle north or south, more likely north but finer details on that not likely until 00Z run tomorrow.

Overall euro very consistent with 00Z run.  GGEM is outlier at this point.

Agree, no IVT and euro is high on LE. Even w/o INV I think 1-2" windblown stuff would be a good possibility.

That INV has time to wiggle north or south, more likely north but finer details on that not likely until 00Z run tomorrow.

Overall euro very consistent with 00Z run. GGEM is outlier at this point.

no model shows 1-2 inches! They all show 2-4 or higher! Ratios will be in play so I'd say 3-6 is a very good possibility!

Archived