Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our January storms last year had pretty good snow growth ratios. We also had a clipper type system I think back in 2004 or 2005 in January that dumped like 6-10 on our area with really high ratios.

With this kind of setup it's doable and really our need in order to get a plowable snowfall more so than what Maine and E. Mass has to work with.

in jan 2004 we had a clipper that gave 4-8" with around .25" LE. we had zero wind though

Our January storms last year had pretty good snow growth ratios. We also had a clipper type system I think back in 2004 or 2005 in January that dumped like 6-10 on our area with really high ratios.

With this kind of setup it's doable and really our need in order to get a plowable snowfall more so than what Maine and E. Mass has to work with.

That was right on the Arctic front. The front end of PD2 was also great.

NYC

21  0.46 11.0

22 0.02 0.5   

You do realize that this year's blizzard bust - which verified as a blizzard in NE and I believe LI - dumped 26 inches on 1.1 LE in Boston. Islip had an even greater ratio. So the suggestion that you can't get high ratio snows during high wind events is not true (though the winds aloft may limit ratios somewhat).

No, the 500mb low tracks over Upstate NY and then Central New England. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt but this is just awful analysis.

Look at the lean . There are so many stronger members south of the mean . Look at the spread .

I don`t know if I have seen you be right over the last 2 weeks .What an awful interpretation of the look of that spread that I have ever seen here . 

With that spread what does the correction look like ? What are the stronger members hinting at ? 

I expect that from the accuweather kids , but you miss that look ? wow 

Look at the lean . There are so many stronger members south of the mean . Look at the spread .

I don`t know if I have seen you be right over the last 2 weeks .What an awful interpretation of the look of that spread that I have ever seen here . 

With that spread what does the correction look like ? What are the stronger members hinting at ? 

one thing is clear you each think the other has awful analysis.

one thing is clear you each think the other has awful analysis.

Since he had Long Island raining during the clipper ( there was 1 to 2 )  and the one that followed early Feb  where he declared Long Island was rain for 85 % of the storm  I had 8 for KNYC  and 6 to 9 fell , its up to you who you believe .

Since he had Long Island raining during the clipper ( there was 1 to 2 )  and the one that followed early Feb  where he declared Long Island was rain for 85 % of the storm  I had 8 for KNYC  and 6 to 9 fell , its up to you who you believe .

For the last time, the lean is because of a secondary low pressure system that develops off the coast while the main system moves into New England. Enough of this crap already.

You do realize that this year's blizzard bust - which verified as a blizzard in NE and I believe LI - dumped 26 inches on 1.1 LE in Boston. Islip had an even greater ratio. So the suggestion that you can't get high ratio snows during high wind events is not true (though the winds aloft may limit ratios somewhat).

Those LE's were not accurate.  They may be straight from ASOS.  I had 1.64" here and considerably less snow depth than ISP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZubB22edw

Archived