e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so close to something much bigger for the NYC area. Overall sounds like good trends so far. Hopefully they continue tonight as the pieces become sampled better and today's storm locks into place. It'd be nice to get in on the action some others - not to be named - are having.

Wow gfs cut back amounts. Upton is actually going with the GFS on this one. They didn't even mention the ggem in their latest discussion and they even said the euro is a southern outlier. They weighed gfs, srefs and the nam I their 4:15 discussion

You do this every run, the amounts look about the same (although it's just .1-.25 to begin with)

Shocked a little,Upton hasn't issued watches for some yet..probably in morning if it warrants

Oh yeah,my God is like a blizzard out right now.... Snowing so heavily and everything's now whiter .....Shocked to say the least

What watch exactly?

We are not getting a Blizzard, and it is still too unpredictable to place a storm warning here either.

If we still see this GFS, NAM, UKMET, SREFS vs. GGEM RGEM EURO at 0z, then it will become "eenie meenie miny moe" as to which one to go with for a forecast. I would not want to be Upton or Mt. Holly in that situation....

I would consider the NAM in the RGEM/Euro group, its definitely south of the GFS.  The SREFs have been north on almost every event this year beyond 48-60 hours.

Shocked a little,Upton hasn't issued watches for some yet..probably in morning if it warrants

Oh yeah,my God is like a blizzard out right now.... Snowing so heavily and everything's now whiter .....Shocked to say the least

Upton is favoring the GFS, UKMET, NAM, SREF camp right now that's why. The forecast for Rockland at least is less than half an inch of snow during the day saturday and 1-3 Saturday evening and night, ending around midnight. That doesn't even warrant an advisory for that area, they are calling for the same for NYC. Haven't looked at Long Island

winter storm watch is what I'm referring to, ct/Rhode island has one, Suffolk county likely could benefit a watch

They have to be concerned of 6" in 12 hours or 8" in 24 hours to issue a watch.

If they are going GFS, there isn't a concern for that, so no watch will be issued. 

Watches can get issued 24-48 hours in advance and it's 48 now, so there's still plenty of time if the 0z suite comes in snowier.

Upton is favoring the GFS, UKMET, NAM, SREF camp right now that's why. The forecast for Rockland at least is less than half an inch of snow during the day saturday and 1-3 Saturday evening and night, ending around midnight. That doesn't even warrant an advisory for that area, they are calling for the same for NYC. Haven't looked at Long Island

Upton has the same forcast for western Long Island!!!!!!

Click point, Upton has me greeting maybe 6 inches and I'm on east end...

.HYDROLOGY...

-- Changed Discussion --

ANY ADDITIONAL SNOW ENDS BY EVENING.

LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW IS FORECAST FOR SATURDAY INTO EARLY SUNDAY

MORNING. BETWEEN 1/3 AND 1/2 INCH OF LIQUID QPF IS EXPECTED WITH

HIGHEST AMOUNTS E. THIS IS ALL EXPECTED TO FALL AS SNOW...SO NO

HYDROLOGIC IMPACTS FROM THIS EVENT ARE EXPECTED.

-- End Changed Discussion --

They have to be concerned of 6" in 12 hours or 8" in 24 hours to issue a watch.

If they are going GFS, there isn't a concern for that, so no watch will be issued.

Watches can get issued 24-48 hours in advance and it's 48 now, so there's still plenty of time if the 0z suite comes in snowier.

I know of no one forecasting more than at most 2-4 for the nyc area right now, a lot of 1-3 on the local forecasts

Click point, Upton has me greeting maybe 6 inches and I'm on east end...

.HYDROLOGY...

-- Changed Discussion --

ANY ADDITIONAL SNOW ENDS BY EVENING.

LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW IS FORECAST FOR SATURDAY INTO EARLY SUNDAY

MORNING. BETWEEN 1/3 AND 1/2 INCH OF LIQUID QPF IS EXPECTED WITH

HIGHEST AMOUNTS E. THIS IS ALL EXPECTED TO FALL AS SNOW...SO NO

HYDROLOGIC IMPACTS FROM THIS EVENT ARE EXPECTED.

-- End Changed Discussion --

You are now under a Watch Watch for the possibility of a Watch being issued.  Should a Watch be issued, the Watch Watch would be converted to a Watch Warning.

Archived