wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah when I went back into the ne forum I read the ccb was north.. Was very confusing cause one person says it folded to the GFS then the other says it looks the same as 12z!!!

.20 - .30 QP over NNJ metro.

Most of it comes as a result of upper air feature.

Strong norlun signature is not on this run.

Very fast and progressive.

Overall a disappointing run.

Not disappointing at all. Still a solid snowfall for the area. Just as long as the H5 goes underneath the area, we will be fine.

Regarding?

less QP than (gasp) end of NAM and GGEM.

It is very fast moving and the average .25" QP over the area is generated by 500 feature moving just south FAST and providing

goof lift.  It is a disappoint run you were looking for a continuation of better trends from 12Z EURO.  Norlun is gone on this run and

that is where 12Z generated QP from.  Forky is right though, S/W will not be in the grid fully until 12Z FRIDAY.  

The red taggers over there said definitely less impressive than 12z, no more norlun, much more progressive and fast moving and the heavy qpf shifted north. A couple non red taggers said it looks like a cave to the gfs. I can't get it to load still so I'll take their word for it

I read it. There is still a norlun for our area but the heaviest precip is in Maine.

The red taggers over there said definitely less impressive than 12z, no more norlun, much more progressive and fast moving and the heavy qpf shifted north. A couple non red taggers said it looks like a cave to the gfs. I can't get it to load still so I'll take their word for it

Trust me, take their word for it.  Nothing in your post is a lie.

Trust me, take their word for it. Nothing in your post is a lie.

Being objective when you look at h5, it's not a cave to the gfs. Either way it will take a decent shift south for a lot of us to be in the game. The storm should still produce at least little snow for area with bone chilling cold.

Being objective when you look at h5, it's not a cave to the gfs. Either way it will take a decent shift south for a lot of us to be in the game. The storm should still produce at least little snow for area with bone chilling cold.

Yep.....if anyone is looking to be in the heavy jackpot banding and get 12"+, then they've gotta look elsewhere.....this storm was never really modeled to give us a ton of snow. Any ideas that it would be a major snowstorm for us stemmed from thinking the models could make huge shifts to put this in our favor. As there is no reason for that to happen, I'm thinking a 3-6" snowfall is possible, higher amounts eastern LI.....overall an advisory event that will be nice with snow falling into the low teens

Agree with snowman about the 6z GFS. According to the ne forum it moved sw a little more inline with the rest of the models!!!!!

imo this is a Long Island and New England special, maybe eastern nyc. I honestly think it's more of a 1-3 snowfall, especially north and west of nyc. Very light snow outside of the band of moderate to heavier snow that sets up and guaranteed it hits the areas above I mentioned. Real quick mover though

Moves the surface low right over us, still early but looks like 1-3"/2-4" at first glance....

We r starting to get consistency, not the kind most were hoping for but we will have a better idea by time Euro comes out & I think one way or the other we will be at 75% certainty by tonight  ( though not final as sampling is tomorrow)

We r starting to get consistency, not the kind most were hoping for but we will have a better idea by time Euro comes out & I think one way or the other we will be at 75% certainty by tonight ( though not final as sampling is tomorrow)

0z tonight should pretty much settle it, outside of Long Island this is looking to be a quick 1-3 of arctic powder for our area

Yeah...1-2"/2-4" type deal, hopefully....these type systems have lately got less impressive as we get closer. Any true coastal precip is confined to Maine.

Basing your forecast on the long range NAM, not the smartest idea...

The NAM keeps the 500mb low weak and has shifted the track each of the last four runs. It has been anything but consistent. The negativity around here is ridiculous.

Basing your forecast on the long range NAM, not the smartest idea...

The NAM keeps the 500mb low weak and has shifted the track each of the last four runs. It has been anything but consistent. The negativity around here is ridiculous.

Every model save the GGEM has us in 1"-4" now, my map from early yesterday still looks spot on, very high confidence with the forecast.

Archived