wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like if we can get this to move just a bit SW from the Canadian depiction, and we could be in business.  More interested in getting this coastal storm to blow up for us than the inverted trough.  That's how we can get into big snows, and that's what I'm interested in.

The NAM being where it is leads me to believe the GFS is wrong for sure this time

u r not just a red tagger but you r a good 1 do I ask u this: bec Nam trended south , even outside of range, u feel that let's us ignore much improved GFS? The real question is what will drive the H5 south, answer is ridging out west and we won't really know till about tomorrow at this ttime. Yes?

Everything was 20-30 miles further NE this run and that shifted the heaviest precip northeast with it. Still enough to keep NYC in the bullseye but a slight shift nevertheless.

Yes it did shift north, not a tremendous jump but it did go north of 12z and it looks like the ukmet went north as well

0 gfs seems the most logical.

With all the upgrades to it, best to use it and stay away from poor performing models such as the euro and Canadian.

Best

so what do you find to be the most logical weather-wise about the gfs solution?  also, since the gfs upgrade, has it been verifying better than the euro and ggem? do you have the stats?  i'm not sure, i'm guessing you must have the info given your conclusions

Archived