joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mets.. Are you thinking snow starts back up around 4:00-5:00 today?

Yeah for the steady stuff.

You may have to watch for pellets or other crude in CT until later tongiht too, there is a sneaky elevated warm layer. You may stay just north of it though where you are.

12z RGEM maintains band northshore into Boston and southshore between 23z Sunday to 22z Monday

Maybe slightly toned down comparing same timeframes last hours

But overall including 4" that has already fallen, about the same as 6z and 0z

Yeah its been hitting BOS really hard for several runs in a row

PR_000_048_0000.gif

I just don't see it with this storm. Hope I'm wrong but I think we see another trim job across the suite just like the nam which is very pedestrian. Shifted weaker/south again. Euro will cave this run

Trending more and more towards meh, For a lot that were expecting hefty totals, They key was the last wave and that is not looking very good atm

at what level is this lift, where would I look on models to see this.

Between about 500-650mb there's some decent lift moving in overnight tonight...it will enhance the low level stuff.

The 12z isn't out yet on coolwx...but you can see the 06z:

omeg.png

You can see it on BUFKIT too...it isn't very intense lift or anything, but it could really enhance the low level stuff since the lift is right smack in the DGZ.

Between about 500-650mb there's some decent lift moving in overnight tonight...it will enhance the low level stuff.

The 12z isn't out yet on coolwx...but you can see the 06z:

omeg.png

You can see it on BUFKIT too...it isn't very intense lift or anything, but it could really enhance the low level stuff since the lift is right smack in the DGZ.

gracias

We will probably see significant sharpening of the Box map this afternoon as mesoscale features come into focus. . . 

AFD

920 am update...

Snow will begin to fill back in across the region by middle to late afternoon. This a result of a strengthening east to northeast low
level jet as wave of low pressure approaches from the west. We also will start to see localized heavier snow bands setup near the I-95 corridor by early evening on a strong coastal front. In fact...boundary already setting up with temperatures ranging from 18 degrees in Lawrence and 34 degrees in Marshfield. There is the potential for other localized heavier snow bands across the Worcester Hills and east slopes of the Berks...as a result of subtle upslope flow. In between the heavier bands of snow and especially in the lower CT River Valley with some shadowing...expect pockets of lower amounts.

Will discuss snow accums a lot more later this afternoon. Given more mesoscale processes and less synoptic forcing that we often see with winter storms in these parts...snow amounts may vary considerably across the region by the time all is set and done. 

Archived