Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maps are coordinated to me.

That FB map and this http://www.weather.gov/box/stormtotalsnow are different.  They should have the same map in both locations.  Or, maybe I'm not finding it on both.

Either way--it's OT.

On topic, it's funny that my p/c says 3-5" today with only a 60% chance of snow.  The ZFP has a 50% chance of snow with no reference to accumulation.

FRWEATHA

temps are pretty much as modeled for SE mass

Hi res nam has you inching toward 32-33 for most of day

12z Hi Res Nam has CF a hair East of it's previous runs tonight,  Almost oscillating a cpl miles either side of back bay and West Peabody

2pm it takes temps into 36 or So by Scituate and starts creepin them west along S shore then by 7pm it begins to slide back SE

CF looks a bit more N-S oriented and tightest gradient  in Norfolk County

You know the snowbanks up here on the sides of the roads are probably 4-5' high.......and we should get another 15" by Tuesday.  And who knows by Friday.   Like where the hell are the plow drives going to put all this.

It really is concerning, all sorts of issues. The side streets are the worst.

I'm not sure what towns "got rid" of their snow, but in Main street Melrose and Wakefield they have in certain areas. I was impressed how they removed the first blizzard snows down to the pavement in downtown Melrose while I have been taking epic pics around the area and I can't imagine what it will look like as the week draws on.

Or the 60 from same time encompassing the same 60 hours of the storm. Gone are the 1.5" stripes. It's dryer from west to east on a macro level and also slunk south some. Again just talking about this run of the nam

Hires did the same

Gone are the 1.5? Not if you add what fell before 7am. Add my 0.4 and it's pretty damned close as I'm at 1.25+

Gone are the 1.5? Not if you add what fell before 7am. Add my 0.4 and it's pretty damned close as I'm at 1.25+

I'm comparing exact time frames...60hr of qpf this run vs previous. There's no 1.5 stripe for that period like there was previous runs.

Hi res has the death band over the south shore for a time before it resets up over and near you. Spreads the wealth a bit so nobody gets super jacked

so now as Precip really cuts back for Bos-NE mass corridor this hour,

2 things

We will have a lull, interested to  see if some ocean effect/enhancement lingers along cape ann (some meso's show this)

Watch that precip from the west over W NY /N  PA expand and grow as it heads east this afternoon

I'm comparing exact time frames...60hr of qpf this run vs previous. There's no 1.5 stripe for that period like there was previous runs.

Hi res has the death band over the south shore for a time before it resets up over and near you. Spreads the wealth a bit so nobody gets super jacked

But you're still not accounting for what fell is all I'm saying. It needs to be cut back because 0.25-0.5 fell before the run started. I'm just talking BOS area. No matter, I'm expecting 12+ and with BOS at 3.7 as of 7am and the best stuff coming it won't be hard given duration.

Archived