• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

I'm comparing exact time frames...60hr of qpf this run vs previous. There's no 1.5 stripe for that period like there was previous runs.

Hi res has the death band over the south shore for a time before it resets up over and near you. Spreads the wealth a bit so nobody gets super jacked

it does push the "death band" a few miles east in Essex county of where it was set up previously, I have been watching for any gyrations becoming trends.

we do already have approx. .3 or so fallen by 7am (12z) for large part of area so that to has to be accounted for.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see it with this storm. Hope I'm wrong but I think we see another trim job across the suite just like the nam which is very pedestrian. Shifted weaker/south again. Euro will cave this run

I'm not sure how much of a rim job it is considering what we got last night.

We're only talking QPF past 12z on both runs. Why do we need to add QPF already fallen to it?

He was originally saying total QPF...72h vs 60h...the 12 hours lost is QPF fallen....if you are comparing after 7am, then its fine, but the original comparison of 72h vs 60h would have lost the 12 hours of QPF fallen already.

I dunno, that's how it sounded to me...but I really don't care anyway. The 1.5-2" bullseyes have always seemed overdone to me. I've been more on the 12-16 train rather than 20"+...but I guess we'll see what happens over the next 18 hours.

He was originally saying total QPF...72h vs 60h...the 12 hours lost is QPF fallen....if you are comparing after 7am, then its fine, but the original comparison of 72h vs 60h would have lost the 12 hours of QPF fallen already.

I dunno, that's how it sounded to me...but I really don't care anyway. The 1.5-2" bullseyes have always seemed overdone to me. I've been more on the 12-16 train rather than 20"+...but I guess we'll see what happens over the next 18 hours.

I've always...always compared same time frame panels whether it's today or 1994 we are talking about ;)

Yes...esp on hi res models...the ol' 2/3rds rule we always called it.

which is why I mentioned box maps were a bit "off" calling for widespread 18-24. Wasn't sure what the logic was unless they take meso qpf verbatim. They still are that high

I think people here get confused that during an event like this when we are glued to the screens, you tend to want to watch trends closely , ESP meso events like this , and discussion of said trends is very important to many, otherwise what are some ppl  logging on for during the storm for 10 straight hours. , ppl to post "it's snowing, high 5 me".  If you just like a good snow, go out in it.

I know for those not in areas where meso bands are forecast, it gets annoying , partially bc they are not in the big snow and partially bc they are comparing what they have to what the "complainers" are getting and are like enough, but you have to see things from another posters perspective because this Is more IMBY of a storm than most given Meso processes. I'm sure the pro's shake their heads to because they see this as beating details to death while they prob have a better handle on how it is playing out and don't need to take so much time to process it.  

Yeah...like I said, I didn't like the widespread huge totals either and I don't think a 0.10" cut is a big deal. I've been leaning 8-10"...maybe spot 12" here.

Well I can't speak to that....

Just comparing same time frame panels. Will see how the rest of the suite rolls. Rgem still has the band reforming over the city area by 8am tomorrow

The wildcard is tomorrow. And late tonight. Also, totals verifying are not going to feel the same. For example I'm now around 4-5. Let's say I get that about today and tonight and again the same tomorrow and 3 tomorrow night. Big totals but not big rates.

FRWEATHA

temps are pretty much as modeled for SE mass

Hi res nam has you inching toward 32-33 for most of day

12z Hi Res Nam has CF a hair East of it's previous runs tonight,  Almost oscillating a cpl miles either side of back bay and West Peabody

2pm it takes temps into 36 or So by Scituate and starts creepin them west along S shore then by 7pm it begins to slide back SE

CF looks a bit more N-S oriented and tightest gradient  in Norfolk County

That is the final nail in my coffin. Cooked.

Yeah...like I said, I didn't like the widespread huge totals either and I don't think a 0.10" cut is a big deal. I've been leaning 8-10"...maybe spot 12" here.

And it's going to seem like less with the duration of it.

But I personally kind of like these events once in a while. I love heavy rates, but there is something to be said for the wintry appeal of days of currier and ives snow. I would probably go insane if it was like that every event (like in Ithaca, NY...snows all day and you get 3", lol), but it's nice when you've already got a huge deep snowpack and have been spoiled with some intense storms.

The one time to watch is tonight...that's where we'll see if any larger totals will be realistic because there will be some better lift moving in.

Archived