joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured 7" here in the West Loop. Have Frozen on Ice tickets to the United Center this afternoon. Easy trip for me, but wondering if they would cancel something like that. I can't imagine many people will be traveling in this weather to make the show.

7.2" as of 9:30 a.m.  About an inch ahead of where I thought we'd be at this hour.

Enjoy some pictures of branches thoroughly caked:

10924656_10205069063461505_2630648322754

That first picture looks like something you would see on ski hill.

What he said.  Awesome pic!!

That is one thing about this area the Pics will not be cake snow.  Temps in the upper teens but that really doesn't matter to me as we already had a few cake snows :snowing::snowwindow:

Winds are picking up here, and knocking some of the snow off the trees.  Can still hear popping once in awhile.  Just went out and removed some snow.  Was a little nervous underneath that big front tree lol.  

Snow has slackened some in the last hour or so, but still somewhere in the 8-9" range.

Yeah, its a shame the dry slot is moving in quick. Close to an inch an hour here. Closing in on 3" here.

It was a good rally though, from what I was expecting this morning. Looks like there's some filling in on ILX's radar at the moment, but not sure if it'll move north of us...or if it'll stay snow. :lol:

Archived