joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to do something different with this storm. So I found an empty Pot in my garage, which happens to resemble the Nipher, and I've decided to do an experiment. I'm going to measure the snow with this system in two methods. One, the old fashioned way and two, the Nipher way. Lets see what the finals are.

And great pics Cyclone. Happy your 6 inch snowstorm drought is over.

NAM is the furthest north in SE MI, which I dont mind.....

Remember now too, any NAM/GFS/RGEM/etc is now not storm total (since there was already qpf before 7am/12z) so its basically nowcast. Batten down the hatches. Just been light snow all morning but probably already 2" of sugary powder...the fun is just beginning!

And CONGRATS cyclone!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! 4 years to the DAY!  :grad:

Is it too early to start drinking too? :beer:

Getting some flakes mixing in here right now, but the tale has been told for the LAF.

But yeah, enjoy to those up north. Hopefully it's an overachiever. :)

You stopped drinking?? :lol:

Getting some melted snow currently, up to 35 so far...   :cliff:

Looking good for those much farther north! 

GO HAWKS! :wub:

You guys kinda pulled this one out of your a**, huh? :lol:;)

Good stuff though. Good luck up there. Hopefully it pours snow.  :mapsnow:

Twas supposed to be a complete whiff just 60 hours ago. Yeah, memories of the early 00s with this "nw trend".

I wish we could all share in on this. I don't feel *too* bad for you because I know you're on a multi-year run of overall awesomeness down there. But I'm sure it still stings nonetheless. I've been there.  

Twas supposed to be a complete whiff just 60 hours ago. Yeah, memories of the early 00s with this "nw trend".

I wish we could all share in on this. I don't feel *too* bad for you because I know you're on a multi-year run of overall awesomeness down there. But I'm sure it still stings nonetheless. I've been there.  

There's always winners and losers with every storm. Such is life as a weather nerd.  At least the "pain" is only temporary. But yeah, can't complain about the recent run of winter here in the LAF. I guess we were overdue for a good bust. :D 

Thanks everyone.  Already took that line out of my sig.   :snowing:

You can hear large limbs breaking in the distance every once in awhile.  Set up gopro to capture anymore tree carnage.

Dry slot is sort of making it's way up here, but there's a lot more snow west of here that has yet to pivot through.  Should easily break the 10" mark.

Archived