joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be an epic storm for Detroit for sure. FINALLY after Detroit has broken every kind of snow record imaginable in recent years except major storm, here you go powerball ;) DTW had 4.3" at 1240pm, I have 4.1" at 110pm. It is pouring snow and it has gotten a bit fluffier (ie, ratios appear to be getting better). Roads a nightmare but I love it!

This will be an epic storm for Detroit for sure. FINALLY after Detroit has broken every kind of snow record imaginable in recent years except major storm, here you go powerball ;) DTW had 4.3" at 1240pm, I have 4.1" at 110pm. It is pouring snow and it has gotten a bit fluffier (ie, ratios appear to be getting better). Roads a nightmare but I love it!

Wow, already that high at DTW. I feel really good about this awful streak of no 13" storms ending tonight...knock on wood. :snowing:  At least 6-10" more snow looks on tap.

I'm so happy for you guys to finally witness this beauty that is a storm WELL over a foot

I'm hangin on by my chinny chin chin lol.  That rain shield came up to about 5 miles of me according to COD radar, then poof, some magical cold air.  I'm up to 3 now on my board and its still coming moderate to heavy at times.

Think we did ok, all things considered.

Snow is wax on, wax off here for the past hour. Get these little flare ups that drop some big flakes...but it doesn't last long. Guess we're in the "mood part" of the storm now. :D

What's funny is it's happening exactly as you claimed it would (in a less than impressive Winter)...:lol:

Sick of everyone already saying this storm is a bust when the worst of it isn't forecasted to hit until this evening. I'm worried people will go to super bowl parties and then be totally

stranded

I can understand their grumblings. It hasn't snowed consistently since 8-9am this morning, with temps above 32 in several spots across NWOH. Loads of moisture heading this way though. Trying to remain optimistic here.

Archived