EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick shot out the back window.  Snowing too hard to be outside shooting pics at the moment.  Sorry for the crappy quality.

Three large sections of the back tree now on the ground lol.  

EDIT:  The wind cups on the weather station are cemented in, so I'll be reporting calm conditions for the next week or two lol.

2134tog.jpg

Wow. That is truly a winter wonderland.

Every time it looks like the heavy snow is ready to move out a new band takes shape and moves in.  Like others have said you really couldn't have designed a better storm for the corridor it's hitting.

I know really!

You're going to sail past 12", maybe up to 15". I would say 14" is a lock for you.

That's rough. Wasn't the NE side of the city supposed to get around 7 inches?

All of the Indy mets missed this one badly. We were forecasted for 5-9" up to 8-10" in MIE, depending on who you looked at. I wished I would have tracked TWC's forecasts leading up to this because they were the first one I saw even close to reality, and they were calling 2-4" as of about 10pm last night.

We've had about an hour of parachutes here with other periods of rain and some snow throughout the day. I'm currently at 1.5" of total accumulation that melts down to about 0.25" of liquid.

Archived