joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same major band (30+ dbz) centered over the I-94 (K'zoo/Battle Creek) corridor in Michigan, Harry should be getting wrecked right now.

u7XCpEW.png

Was just outside and can confirm it. Truly amazing storm for this part of the world. Wont break the record here ( 28.6" Jan 67 blizzard ) but it may come as close as any has since 78.

Totally ripping outside my window right now.  Went outside to shovel on my lunch break, it is a tad brutal out there. 21 degrees now, and winds are gusting to 33.  12" of snow is my best guess at this point, drifting however is making that difficult.

Off and on white out conditions right now.  Also heard reports that the BNSF and UP are stopping traffic on their respective subdivisions through the area for now.

Returns intensifying once again out in DeKalb and Lee Counties. Meanwhile, that area of 30+ dbz over the Chicago area continues to expand (also out over the lake).

That band running through Chicago is a thing of beauty, and it's basically locked in over the same corridor.  Can't wait to see some of the totals out of there.

Archived