joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like a blizzard out there. 7.1" at 330pm...snowing 1-2"/hr now, and it appears to be at least 15-1 ratio, if not fluffier. Was outside for a walk and pics and it was just brutal!

About what I have too. I estimated between 7-8". It is just brutal outside. I took some pics I'll upload in a minute.

7 inches and pouring snow. Just snowblowed the first time.

Loving how uniform the accumulations seem to be in SEMI. Closing in on 7" here at UofM as well.

Damn, dude!  You're going to end up with a storm of a lifetime.  I have never measured 12 inches from a storm.  I think I may end up just short again with this one.

Haha yeah it's been a fun one.  Went almost 4 years to the day without a 6"+ storm, and then get two in one day lol.  It's a 2-fer.

I just let my dogs out the back to do their thing. It seems the wind launched an empty trash barrel into one of my fence gates with enough force to unlatch and open it, thus the puppy escaped but the wife got out and detained him. He wasn't getting too far with the drifts anyway. 

The wind is absolutely roaring up above the treetops. It didn't seem to be *that* windy on the ground yet, but the gusts are getting stronger now. 

I'm SO glad I don't have to be driving anywhere in that mess!

All of the Indy mets missed this one badly. We were forecasted for 5-9" up to 8-10" in MIE, depending on who you looked at. I wished I would have tracked TWC's forecasts leading up to this because they were the first one I saw even close to reality, and they were calling 2-4" as of about 10pm last night.

We've had about an hour of parachutes here with other periods of rain and some snow throughout the day. I'm currently at 1.5" of total accumulation that melts down to about 0.25" of liquid.

That stinks! :( Maybe you'll get some more snow tonight.

Great pictures, guys. I love looking at them and seeing the story each one tells.

Snowing the hardest it has here all day. The snow has been falling all day, but it has been very "showery" as in bursts of moderate to heavy snow, but then goes back to the steady light snow. Not the most exciting. Still, working towards 6 inches.

That stinks! :( Maybe you'll get some more snow tonight.

I'm not holding my breath. Basically, we got just enough snow to soak up all of the rain we are getting now. So, when the temps tanks tonight, this will all freeze into a cement block, and we'll get maybe an inch of snow to blow around when the winds pick up.

I don't mind mets missing forecasts because I know how difficult it is to get this right, but when they keep making the same mistakes and the same errors, it starts to get old.

Congrats to everyone up north.

Archived