joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close to 12 hours of constant pixie dust at FNT, a good 3" down and some impressive drifts starting to build. Radar looks like we're about to pump it up any minute now. Amazing how many stupids on facebook are crying bust in this area and think it's all over or a 4" storm... They've got a surprise coming since we're just on the very edge of the heavier returns now. I'd say once that start kicking in good through the evening and overnight, we'll probably at least hit 10" by Monday morning. 

18Z NAM paints another foot over detroit metro before it's done.

If it continues snowing like it is right now in Detroit, which I would estimate as being well over an inch per hour, I believe it.

This guy is trying to leave right now, I don't think that car is going to fare very well out there. Already having trouble.

post-7696-0-62707700-1422822554_thumb.jp

Like a blizzard out there. 7.1" at 330pm...snowing 1-2"/hr now, and it appears to be at least 15-1 ratio, if not fluffier. Was outside for a walk and pics and it was just brutal!

I know man. This storm is unreal. I haven't measured since my 5.4" report in Taylor. I am sure I got as much as you so far.

Like a blizzard out there. 7.1" at 330pm...snowing 1-2"/hr now, and it appears to be at least 15-1 ratio, if not fluffier. Was outside for a walk and pics and it was just brutal!

About what I have too. I estimated between 7-8". It is just brutal outside. I took some pics I'll upload in a minute.

Mid level heights are tanking fast, already got a 534 dm upper low per latest mesoanalysis. Surface low should deepen below 1002 mb within the next hour looking at the size of the 1004 mb area (it's actually pretty much the same size as the 1006 mb area was supposed to be at this time). It is clearly intensifying faster than RAP guidance, should lead to stronger winds.

Wonderful pictures Justin!

Snow on the pine trees around here, but too windy for any to stick on the deciduous trees.

You can really see the synoptic snow and lake snow in this COD radar loop. Very cool

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LOT-N0Q-1-24

I guess this storm will go down as the Super Bowl Sunday Blizzard!

Archived