Newest Member
    joxey
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats out of reach...24.5" on Apr 6 1886

Holy crap! Even the second place tops MKE and MSP's highest 24hr totals.

It happened in April.. Josh? Was that storm total or was it really a single day event?

I had forgotten about the single day record here.. That is 21.1" with Jan 67? #2 is 18.0" with Jan 78 blizz. Both were on Jan26th..

Roads Closed District 1 District 2

US-20 is closed from IL-78 in Stockton to IL-84 west of Elizabeth due to drifts, cars blocking plows. No ETA to reopen.

IL-72 is closed from west of Shannon to IL-73 due to drifts, cars blocking plows. Tow trucks will not attempt rescue.

US-52 is closed from Sublette to Mendota due to drifts, cars blocking plows. Tow trucks will not attempt rescue.

IL-40 is closed from Chadwick to south of Mt Carroll due to drifts, cars blocking plows. Tow trucks will not go out.

District 3  

I-80 EB mm-105, all lanes closed due to jack knifed semi. No detour provided.

District 4 District 5

I-57 NB & SB is CLOSED just north of I-72 due to a jack-knifed semi Hazmat truck. Northbound is being re-routed at I-72. Southbound is being re-routed at I-74. Please use caution and find an alternate route.

Somehow MKE only picked up 0.6" since noon..........

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0638 PM SNOW MILWAUKEE 43.03N 87.92W
02/01/2015 M7.7 INCH MILWAUKEE WI OFFICIAL NWS OBS

STORM TOTAL AT MITCHELL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

It happened in April.. Josh? Was that storm total or was it really a single day event?

I had forgotten about the single day record here.. That is 21.1" with Jan 67? #2 is 18.0" with Jan 78 blizz. Both were on Jan26th..

The entire 24.5" actually fell on the calendar day of April 6, 1886. Id have to look up the story Bill wrote, but if anything it was several hours LESS than 24

Archived