joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already seeing how the SREF mean could be wrong with the track...

I thought this model was amazing or something?  Or is that only when it has a big Winter storm?

I've never said the SREF is amazing at all.  I remember how it screwed the pooch in epic fashion in Washington, D.C. in Snoquester March '13.  Had a mean of 20" for them and they got an inch of slush. :lol:

They could be legit or they could not be.  We'll see what the other modeling does.  I wouldn't mind more amping, but the SREF is obviously too much.

Be fun to see all the people saying how good the SREF is in this range all of a sudden change their tune.

I never have found the SREF very useful down here. When the MA gets a big storm it always seems like the SREF members line up pretty close to the mean. For our storms one will be over a foot and some will be absolutely zero. How can taking the average of all of that mess be a good way to forecast? Ok rant over.

I've never said the SREF is amazing at all. I remember how it screwed the pooch in epic fashion in Washington, D.C. in Snoquester March '13. Had a mean of 20" for them and they got an inch of slush. :lol:

They could be legit or they could not be. We'll see what the other modeling does. I wouldn't mind more amping, but the SREF is obviously too much.

Just another reason why I love the SREF. :D watching the mid-Atlantic forum members that day was awesome.

lol, sadly I missed that. :(

I mean, it might be the best model we have at this stage, but I really have no idea.  I rarely use it aside from glancing at the plumes here and there in the hours before an event.

We'll see what the other modeling does here in a bit.  Take away the really amped ARW members and the mean is still good here (5"+).

The EURO, guys.

No one wanted to believe it. RAH threw it out.

As of right now, it's the middle ground between the south sliding GFS and the possibly over-amped (man, that word has been used too much today) SREF, both of which have been touted all day long. ;)

I hate to say you're right, but it's little concerning. I'm having hard time buying the phase with GL low, though.

Archived