• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

In the last 15 years I've had a WSW for like 16"+ and one for 8-12"+ on the day of the storm end up with 0 snow. Nothing in certain in central NC until it's on the ground. That said, I think warming up as far north as RDU is really, really unlikely.

Good post. The frustrating thing is that the potential is there for a frigid winter storm, involving many posters in the SE forum. And of course that potential can never be maximized because the thing always goes north and screws half of the forum.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post. The frustrating thing is that the potential is there for a frigid winter storm, involving many posters in the SE forum. And of course that potential can never be maximized because the thing always goes north and screws half of the forum.

You think this storm is frustrating? Two weeks ago southern/central Indiana went from a forecast of 6-8" to 1-2" or even just rain with something like 24 hours before start time. I was up there working and following things via the Lakes subforum. The gnashing of teeth for those it went from good to bad and the over the top pulling for things to trend north by the Chicago and Detrioit guys puts whatever one thinks is happening now in the subforum to shame. I'm headed back up there tomorrow so in missing out on this threat anyway, pulling for everyone to see something but that's just not reality 99% of the time, sucks but not all of us are unfortunate to live in Waycross :P

You think this storm is frustrating? Two weeks ago southern/central Indiana went from a forecast of 6-8" to 1-2" or even just rain with something like 24 hours before start time. I was up there working and following things via the Lakes subforum. The gnashing of teeth for those it went from good to bad and the over the top pulling for things to trend north by the Chicago and Detrioit guys puts whatever one thinks is happening now in the subforum to shame. I'm headed back up there tomorrow so in missing out on this threat anyway, pulling for everyone to see something but that's just not reality 99% of the time, sucks but not all of us are unfortunate to live in Waycross :P

Haha that's terrible. These models suck! Safe travels!

Haha that's terrible. These models suck! Safe travels!

Thanks! Part of me wanted to get buried and the other part wanted light accumulation so I could not be delayed work wise and make production money haha. Definitely will be dealing with the cold this trip, I'm actually looking forward to seeing below zero temps again, wakes you up in the morning! How 'bout our Pack today?

Thanks! Part of me wanted to get buried and the other part wanted light accumulation so I could not be delayed work wise and make production money haha. Definitely will be dealing with the cold this trip, I'm actually looking forward to seeing below zero temps again, wakes you up in the morning! How 'bout our Pack today?

I've never experienced below 0 temps. Pack played great. Why can't they play like that all the time. Beat the 9 team on the road. Has to be one of the most impressive road wins under Gottfried.

Lots of IP for RDU, probably, but it's definitely all wintry weather. The 18z was, too, though.

I'm in the SE part of the county, but I don't think it makesuch diff in this case. Just want to see a couple of inches of snow fall and then stay frozen after that. That would be a satisfactory winter storm.

Archived