Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We rock at ice storms lately. We sucked for so many years, basically blanking 2006-2013, but we rocked them last March and now we may do it again...

yep that's the way it seems. Hoping the gfs pulls one out of it's ass here and keeps snow for a while longer.

We've got a generator here, but it's not hooked up to the heater. We have a couple electric space heaters, though, and we might need them as cold as it looks after the storm...

we don't have a generator so I might have to go out and buy one tomorrow or Monday. This is just going awful

Haha!  I used to love that particular PiR game as a child.  And it fits perfectly.  All I've read for a couple of days is:

• "This is a lock!"
  • "I'm cashing in!"
  • "The shutout is over!"
  • "Take it to the bank!"
  • blah, blah, blah

I doubt I put trust in anything other than a NWS forecast ever again.

NWS had 5-10 inches for Winter Storm Watch counties in WNC earlier today.

And again, with this type of power and cold behind the front push (especially if the American guidance verified and it comes in earlier) I think the Euro and UK solution is out to lunch.  LP's around here don't just slam right up into this level of CAD signature....doesn't make any kind of logical sense.

Coastal runner....I'm feeling it, and CR and pack are gonna be seeing some white and a ton of pingers...

:weenie:

I'm going to say now, I'm going to disappear for a long while after this model bs.  (of course some wouldn't mind me doing so)

I just find it stupid and a waste of time to sit on every model run from here on out and refresh these forum pages hoping a "magical expert" can give me the "magical key" to feel better about the bad situation on the models.

The problem with this storm was that KCAE was always on the line.  I personally didn't want the ice storm.  I was hoping for sleet & snow like what happened IMBY last year around this time.

Anyways, I'll be lurking.... but the ease of the models to basically crap on this parade so soon is dumb.  I was out today and saw many people talking how ice was coming etc.  Too bad they will be the ones that say "those guys were wrong again".  At least this way.

Melt down commenced. Melt down lasting for the rest of the season!  I might log into Twitter occasionally.  It's in my signature.

Love you guys <3.

Archived