joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the SE part of the county, but I don't think it makesuch diff in this case. Just want to see a couple of inches of snow fall and then stay frozen after that. That would be a satisfactory winter storm.

Ain't happening, mark my words, 25-50 mile shift north from tonight's run we see frzn to rain. Tonight GFS/CMC is showing 1" snow to 1" sleet to 0.5" frzn. It shifted 100 miles just with today's runs, we got 48 hours to go.

This thing is clearly trending north.  Another 50-100 miles north and there probably isn't even a sleet pellet in the upstate.

There is a very real possibility of this. In fact, with the continued weakening of the MA high and the great lakes low pulling things North, I could see tomorrows runs doing just that. I suppose there is stil a chance this could drift back south a few miles, but this is quickly turning into a mid-West/ Mid-Atlantic snow event.

If anyone invents a time machine I'd like to go back to JAN 88 please!

There's the UK killing us. Game over. You were right, Pack. Minor winter event for the Triangle. Just enough to ruin the shutout. Still don't know how you drive a system straight into an arctic aimass, but whatever screws us, I suppose.

The back side of the UK could be interesting, idk. Also it just absolutely crushes Boston so it's probably right.

I think we lost pack...

Not sure what to think at this point. The UKMET has absolutely led the way for days. Has its wheels fell off? Toss it until we see other models jump closer to its solution?

This morning I was 100 miles too far north. This evening I'm close to jackpot. Tomorrow morning will I be too far south? :cry:

There's the UK killing us. Game over. You were right, Pack. Minor winter event for the Triangle. Just enough to ruin the shutout. Still don't know how you drive a system straight into an arctic aimass, but whatever screws us, I suppose.

Not even a minor event, it's over, like I said back in Dec, we will not get accumulating snow. LOL.

With us being at all time low for 10 year running seasonal snowfall then you have a bust like this at 48 hours out.....3 out of the past 4 winters dreadful, 7 of 11 dreadful, longest drought in 130 years between 10" seasons....I got to find a new hobby. Not mad, frustrated but I am happy we are almost done with winter.

I think we lost pack...

Not sure what to think at this point. The UKMET has absolutely led the way for days. Has its wheels fell off? Toss it until we see other models jump closer to its solution?

This morning I was 100 miles too far north. This evening I'm close to jackpot. Tomorrow morning will I be too far south? :cry:

I think we toss it for now pending the Euro.  Of course, tomorrow morning's runs could easily go to hell, regardless.  I'm going to be pissed if the UKMET is on the mark...

The local mets are all honking this winter storm now, so if it busts and we get rain there's going to be hell to pay. :lol:

I think we toss it until there's more support... :yikes:

One particular solution doesn't matter. It's the trends that matter. Everything is coming north. That is likely to continue. Why would it not? This is following every other recent winter storm's playbook. We don't get southern tracking west to east systems anymore. Why is it next to impossible to get snow here?

I think we toss it for now pending the Euro.  Of course, tomorrow morning's runs could easily go to hell, regardless.  I'm going to be pissed if the UKMET is on the mark...

The local mets are all honking this winter storm now, so if it busts and we get rain there's going to be hell to pay. :lol:

I would think even with that track that WNC would still do well?

I think we toss it for now pending the Euro. Of course, tomorrow morning's runs could easily go to hell, regardless. I'm going to be pissed if the UKMET is on the mark...

Ours too. It's a stone cold lock that the Euro is coming north. There's zero chance it won't. Zero.

Starting at 18z, everything began to move north. We are now about 250 miles further north with everything and people in VA are getting really nervous about all of the rain they are about to receive.

But Bostonites are prepping for a much needed snowfall - heard they've been in a bit of a drought lately.

New England reminds me of Wall Street - the rich keep getting richer...

Archived