joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, this is just my opinion, but for all of us up in NC worried about the models, I suggest you take a minute and go outside for a sec.and use the old Mark 1 eyeballs and ears.  That front has come through and it is absolutely outside, coming in deep, strong, and COLD.  It's got some serious punch behind it.  I'm simply not buying that the LP is gonna come right into the teeth of this thing.  I think it does what it normally does with this setup, end around the cold air on the east and track coastal.  Don't have nearly the expertise of many on here, but I have lived in NC virtually all of my adult life, and this setup is classic for the type of events that we do well in. 

Again, JMO, but I feel very good about this one.

I'm glad I wasn't telling anyone at work earlier that we are going to be getting 5 or 6 inches lol. ...I learned to stop doing that the hard way >.> I'm secretly pretty devastated though. Off for the next 2 days. Hittin' the rum :P

On another note low of 3* on Thursday, yeah. WTF. Would much prefer that goes up to 30 and we get 6" on Monday-Tuesday -_-

Haha!  I used to love that particular PiR game as a child.  And it fits perfectly.  All I've read for a couple of days is:

• "This is a lock!"
  • "I'm cashing in!"
  • "The shutout is over!"
  • "Take it to the bank!"
  • blah, blah, blah

I doubt I put trust in anything other than a NWS forecast ever again.

Haha!  I used to love that particular PiR game as a child.  And it fits perfectly.  All I've read for a couple of days is:

• "This is a lock!"
  • "I'm cashing in!"
  • "The shutout is over!"
  • "Take it to the bank!"
  • blah, blah, blah

I doubt I put trust in anything other than a NWS forecast ever again.

Even fooled the NWS.... I will trust what is actually falling out of the sky ONLY!!!!!!!!!

Worst models ever ! I'm used to getting screwed 5,10 days out, but two days out?!!? They need to do something better with my tax money, than to keep throwing them into the models, it's clear there is no hope for them! Thank god it's almost March and I can get back to the start of my drought, that inevitably will happen! Getting rain here in summer , is like trying to get snow this winter! I'm glad DC is going to get plastered, I would hate for them to not get their avg seasonal snowfall! :(

Well im probably going to freeze to death on Wednesday and Thursday night with no power.

Yeah, this area lost a lot of power last March with that ice storm, but temperatures were in the 50s/60s almost immediately after the storm.  That won't be the case this time...

To add insult to injury, surface temps are going to be frigid as will soil temps, so roads will be a disaster.

As this rate, our ice storm will be a cold rain by Sunday afternoon.

Eh, surface temps really haven't trended warmer at all for us with this one, aside from what the UKMET showed tonight.

Worst models ever ! I'm used to getting screwed 5,10 days out, but two days out?!!? They need to do something better with my tax money, than to keep throwing them into the models, it's clear there is no hope for them! Thank god it's almost March and I can get back to the start of my drought, that inevitably will happen! Getting rain here in summer , is like trying to get snow this winter! I'm glad DC is going to get plastered, I would hate for them to not get their avg seasonal snowfall! :(

At this point, it will end up crushing NYC and BOS....... Just unreal.....

As this rate, our ice storm will be a cold rain by Sunday afternoon.

Edit: I do have a Honda generator just in case. Don't get to use it that often.

I have a feeling this might be a rough week for us in the triad. This is going to be bad.

Archived