• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

The only reason I can't give up completely on this event is the fact of just how cold this air is going to be at onset. My current conditions which are not to far off what is predicted early Monday AM (low 30s and 10-15° Dew points) would give me a wetbulb of 24.02°. Why are we having such a crazy time with models when they are contradicting themselves so much? 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nail in the coffin will come with 12z runs, I expect the Euro/UK to tick north, I like a track right up 85 over Va Beach. GFS was just awful with this event, not even close to being right at 36-48 hours. UK was very good and Euro did catch on.

I won't believe models for a winter storm outside 24 hours again. This bust ranks right up there with the all time best.

The bad thing is there isn't time for southern trend... we are about 32 hrs out from this storm.. from raleigh east the trends aren't good at this point.. maybe some flurries at onset then its going to be plain rain

North trend ain't done yet, will tick north up until it starts tomorrow.

Nail in the coffin will come with 12z runs, I expect the Euro/UK to tick north, I like a track right up 85 over Va Beach. GFS was just awful with this event, not even close to being right at 36-48 hours. UK was very good and Euro did catch on.

I won't believe models for a winter storm outside 24 hours again. This bust ranks right up there with the all time best.

24 hour rule is hard to follow but works every time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you people whining about the wrong type of frozen precip falling iyby(in the pinned thread of all places) are seriously on my last nerves. There are a TON of peeps here in the SE forum that would absolutely LOVE to have that opportunity to watch it fall from the sky and turn everything into a winter wonderland. I don't want to hear how you only want snow and are "stuck" with IP/ZR........endrant :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

All you people whining about the wrong type of frozen precip falling iyby(in the pinned thread of all places) are seriously on my last nerves. There are a TON of peeps here in the SE forum that would absolutely LOVE to have that opportunity to watch it fall from the sky and turn everything into a winter wonderland. I don't want to hear how you only want snow and are "stuck" with IP/ZR........endrant :angry:   :angry:   :angry:

Those same peole are the ones who complained all winter about not having anything to track. Now they finally get something to really track and it does what every winter storm ever does in the south. I mean I can't on one hand in the last 5 years that were open and shut snow storms for the SE. Even last year we were worrying about these same things with that big storm. 

Don't understand all the pessimism here. Looks like around 50 miles north and south of the VA-NC border are in for some sort of winter event. Snow to sleet.

Beggars can't be choosers.

lol says the guy in VA who may jackpot with these trends! Remember only 4 active posters live in VA. Though I must say I love how Jonathan complains all winter...yet last winter he was constantly in the bullseye for heavy snow while many of us were blanked that year. Hope it goes south...paybacks a b**ch! 

Those same peole are the ones who complained all winter about not having anything to track. Now they finally get something to really track and it does what every winter storm ever does in the south. I mean I can't on one hand in the last 5 years that were open and shut snow storms for the SE. Even last year we were worrying about these same things with that big storm. 

It just gets old quick, especially to those that are most often on the outside looking in......ugh  :angry:

Holy ****!! I know y'all are watching TWC. Jim Cantore had thunder snow 6 times with this storm!!! Its hilarious how crazy he went. That probably going to be on YouTube shortly. Historic stuff.

:lol:  I seen that 

Checks location.

Yeah, I don't live anywhere near there.

Me neither  :(

I think it's funny how most complain about not getting anything. This is the southeast if we get anything its a bonus. We all act like we live north and should get snow everyweek. Then when we do get it we complain it's only a foot instead of 2feet. The way this winter has gone I will be happy with freezing rain or a sleet pellet.. lol we all are greedy!

I think it's funny how most complain about not getting anything. This is the southeast if we get anything its a bonus. We all act like we live north and should get snow everyweek. Then when we do get it we complain it's only a foot instead of 2feet. The way this winter has gone I will be happy with freezing rain or a sleet pellet.. lol we all are greedy!

It's coming powderstroke!!!  Ck. out Wednesday night's low!

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH

TUESDAY MORNING...

.REST OF TODAY...SUNNY. MUCH COOLER WITH HIGHS IN THE MID 20S.

NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH THIS MORNING.

WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 12 BELOW THIS MORNING.

.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING MOSTLY

CLOUDY. COLD WITH LOWS AROUND 14. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH

IN THE EVENING...BECOMING LIGHT AND VARIABLE. WIND CHILL VALUES

AS LOW AS 7 ABOVE.

.WASHINGTONS BIRTHDAY...CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY...MAINLY IN THE

AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES POSSIBLE. HIGHS IN

THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF SNOW

70 PERCENT.

.MONDAY NIGHT...SNOW. ADDITIONAL MODERATE SNOW ACCUMULATION.

COLD. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE LOWER 20S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN A

CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO ADDITIONAL

SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE

WINDS. CHANCE OF SNOW 50 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER

20S. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 5 ABOVE.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS ZERO TO

5 ABOVE ZERO. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 20S. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS

10 BELOW.

.THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 10 ABOVE.

HIGHS IN THE MID 20S.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING

MOSTLY CLOUDY. NOT AS COOL WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW

SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S.

Archived