• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

So for anybody who has experienced an ice storm in college, what's losing power while being in a dorm like? Probably need to start making some accommodationa

Beer, condoms and a really good comforter.

Might help to have a chick on hand as well, but you college kids these days can sometimes get the job done virtually. In that case, make sure your iphone has a life proof cover. Lol!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer, condoms and a really good comforter.

Might help to have a chick on hand as well, but you college kids these days can sometimes get the job done virtually. In that case, make sure your iphone has a life proof cover. Lol!

Lmao, this is one of my best replies I've seen on this board. Bread and milk are overrated anyway I'll make sure to have those essentials on hand

This storm has become so sad for CLT. Pretty much maybe advisory level event? This winter can't end soon enough.

Congrats I40 again....

Congrats on our ice storm? You can have it.

That said, the WRF has it snowing here around noon and still holding on at 9pm. I have no idea how accurate it is, I'm assuming not at all, but I'm all in!

I thought a 1/4 inch zrn was ice storm warning or something!

Speaking of advisories, would be surprised if I go under winter storm warning, under the afternoon package, imagine GSP goes with wwa in the morning. Unless south trends commence

I doubt they will upgrade to a WWA.  I think they will prob upgrade to WSW.  There's to much qpf being modeled to go with WWA unless they think it's wrong, or temps are going to be warmer than modeled.

So for anybody who has experienced an ice storm in college, what's losing power while being in a dorm like? Probably need to start making some accommodationa

Lived in off campus housing in Clinton, SC during foot of snow in 1/2000. No power on campus or classes for a week, but we kept power. We (house of six girls) had the entire basketball team and four or five assorted others camping out on our downstairs floor. Lots of board games and milk and cookies. Sometimes we'd take turns reading aloud from charles dickens. Sometimes a sewing circle.

Lived in off campus housing in Clinton, SC during foot of snow in 1/2000. No power on campus or classes for a week, but we kept power. We (house of six girls) had the entire basketball team and four or five assorted others camping out on our downstairs floor. Lots of board games and milk and cookies. Sometimes we'd take turns reading aloud from charles dickens. Sometimes a sewing circle.

Wow things have changed. When we were snowed in in college, we went straight to the Animal House toga party without the togas. Keep in mind this was 10 years before the movie.  Pioneers is what we were. lol

This storm has become so sad for CLT. Pretty much maybe advisory level event? This winter can't end soon enough.

Congrats I40 again....

Congrats on what? So we get 1" of sleet and you guys get .75". You guys doubled us for snowfall last year. This is a pathetic winter storm to end a pathetic winter for most everyone except GSO.

Archived