CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree w/ Pack and Cold Rain w/ the loss of qpf during the transfer.  I believe we're looking at around .5 total qpf her at RDU.  I'm still amazed at the shift north starting last night.  I really thought we were good and had already had the shift north.  Oh well, it is what it is!

I can't believe I'm sitting at 41 !!?? Coldest air in 25 years, massive arctic attack! Don't know how anybody can survive out side ! It's like metal left his door open to hell and the heat is funneling up here! I can't even get an ice storm! Really think it was a mistake to put me under a WSW ! I guess it's easier to go worse case scenario, than to go advisory and up to warning as precip unfolds!?

it's okay. You'll live.

I agree w/ Pack and Cold Rain w/ the loss of qpf during the transfer. I believe we're looking at around .5 total qpf her at RDU. I'm still amazed at the shift north starting last night. I really thought we were good and had already had the shift north. Oh well, it is what it is!

We say it and Allen shows it. Maybe it'll be different this time. Stranger things have happened. I don't expect any significant changes from here.

I expect the Rap and HRRR to show less precip and slightly warmer temps. Unless there are some big shifts, we'll stay frozen and have a moderate event.

We say it and Allen shows it. Maybe it'll be different this time. Stranger things have happened. I don't expect any significant changes from here.

I expect the Rap and HRRR to show less precip and slightly warmer temps. Unless there are some big shifts, we'll stay frozen and have a moderate event.

With a Miller B transfer there's usually some area that gets very little. I wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up with flurries and freezing mist.

Euro is nailing temps today for the area (NC/SC).  It has very close to getting above freezing at end of precip, it's shifts 25-50 miles north it's a non-event for us.  If we were getting all snow then 0.5" QPF this would be a great event, when we look back on this winter and we see a 0.5" of sleet with 0.2" of freezing rain we are just going to laugh. 

Euro is nailing temps today for the area (NC/SC). It has very close to getting above freezing at end of precip, it's shifts 25-50 miles north it's a non-event for us. If we were getting all snow then 0.5" QPF this would be a great event, when we look back on this winter and we see a 0.5" of sleet with 0.2" of freezing rain we are just going to laugh.

What do you make of the latest RGEM? Flatter and farther south. Lol! Maybe Larry is right and it will end up tracking under the wedge.

This may turn out to be basically a minor event and then only for I-40 north. I can easily see this trend drier in SC and NC and perhaps not starting until after dark east of the mountains. There's also a chance that no one east of the mountains south of I-40 even gets more than 1-2 hours of precip. This would make this a repeat of 2011-2012 since there is no way we get another winter weather threat this winter.

What do you make of the latest RGEM? Flatter and farther south. Lol! Maybe Larry is right and it will end up tracking under the wedge.

It was south/weaker early through the run but by end of the run it ticked north.  It's really good inside 24 hours, let's see what it looks like at 0z.  About 0.5" QPF, a little sleet and mostly freezing rain...zzzzzzzz.   It's really a, "oh don't the pine trees look pretty with a glaze" type event.  DC get's a foot a snow.

It was south/weaker early through the run but by end of the run it ticked north.  It's really good inside 24 hours, let's see what it looks like at 0z.  About 0.5" QPF, a little sleet and mostly freezing rain...zzzzzzzz.   It's really a, "oh don't the pine trees look pretty with a glaze" type event.  DC get's a foot a snow.

No, Upstate SC gets a foot of snow. Pay attention.

We're gonna need a trend south, we're gonna need a stronger CAD, and for the love of all things wintery, WE'RE GONNA NEED A LOT MORE COWBELL!!

So looking forward to SNL anniversary tonight.

I forgot about that. What time is it? I can't find my TV Guide. I need to go buy a tape so I can record it and watch it back.

Archived