• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

This illustrates how eastern upstate seems to fare better than western upstate about 90% of the time. For situations like this when clouds come in late in the day - you guys have a couple more hours of clear skies under the stars to cool off while we get insulated. In CAD situations - you are just positioned closer to the cold air source, get below freezing sooner, and have more precip to receive while below freezing. You also have less effects of dry slotting from the mtns. The only time we do better is when the precip arrives just before daybreak - you tend to warm a couple degrees by the time it gets to you.

Are you freakin' kidding me ???!! I just rose a tenth of a degree!! Underestimating the cold FTL

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you freakin' kidding me ???!! I just rose a tenth of a degree!! Underestimating the cold FTL

Interesting temperature contrasts tonight all over the place just looking at weather station data.  I feel fortunate to be in a colder spot right now, although I'm sure y'all will catch up as the night goes on.  Down to 24.8° now.

Edit.  Uh oh scratch that just rose to 25.3°.

Interesting temperature contrasts tonight all over the place just looking at weather station data. I feel fortunate to be in a colder spot right now, although I'm sure y'all will catch up as the night goes on. Down to 24.8° now.

Edit. Uh oh scratch that just rose to 25.3°.[/quote

Yeah I'm up to 32.7 a 3 tenth rise in 30 minutes!

Is there a warm front around?]

Interesting temperature contrasts tonight all over the place just looking at weather station data. I feel fortunate to be in a colder spot right now, although I'm sure y'all will catch up as the night goes on. Down to 24.8° now.

Edit. Uh oh scratch that just rose to 25.3°.[/quote

Yeah I'm up to 32.7 a 3 tenth rise in 30 minutes!

Is there a warm front around?]

That's pretty normal when it starts to cloud over.  Give it an hour or 2 and I bet it will start dropping pretty quickly.

I know people don't enjoy reading "negative" posts. It's a lot easier to get less snow/frozen than the models are showing than it is to get more...or even at least what they're showing. This system will do a good job illustrating if someone is truly just a debbie downer or whether they are correct. And vice versa on the other side.

Possibly the 2/12 storm last year, and only for the snow part. The ZR event failed to materialize (thankfully).

I still kind of think of it as a bust. Without mixing issues we'd be talking about how we got 8 inches instead of our forecasted foot. I also kind of wanted an ice storm because I'm young and naive and never experienced more than .25 inches of ice.

I know people don't enjoy reading "negative" posts. It's a lot easier to get less snow/frozen than the models are showing than it is to get more...or even at least what they're showing. This system will do a good job illustrating if someone is truly just a debbie downer or whether they are correct. And vice versa on the other side.

Widremann is a troll. I'm fine with everyone else. He picks the worst model runs and mocks everyone else with them. Has he mentioned the RGEM, you know, the best short range model? Of course not. I have no clue why the mods have such a short trigger with some people and allow him to go on and on and on. I guess he's figured out exactly where the line is.

Widremann is a troll. I'm fine with everyone else. He picks the worst model runs and mocks everyone else with them. Has he mentioned the RGEM, you know, the best short range model? Of course not. I have no clue why the mods have such a short trigger with some people and allow him to go on and on and on. I guess he's figured out exactly where the line is.

I kinda feel like he's trying to get people to explain why we shouldn't be concerned if there looks to be a bad step or trend or why we shouldn't be concerned about something that could pop up to ruin our storm...a later onset of precip, clouds rolling in early, limiting cooling, convection in the Gulf, etc.

Archived