Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep!

I don't really usually watch the local weather anymore, but I do sometimes check in before a storm like this.

I grew up in High Point and have fond memories in the pre internet era of checking the local forecasters before a storm. Sometimes I'd try to change the channels back and forth REALLY fast during the 6 or 11pm broadcast so I could see the differences (if any) between the 3 local stations.

I always thought WFMY was extremely conservative, while WXII was usually bullish. Course that could be because they were in Winston, and they always got more snow than us! Fox 8 was usually the middle ground.

I kinda miss those days now. Sometimes I'll tune in when I'm thinking about it and see what Fishel thinks on WRAL. But it's not something I HAVE to watch like it used to be. Ah well. Change is the only constant I guess!

Seems like everyone has that sickness lately.  My family had it, but so far I haven't caught it thankfully.

Yea it sucks, I haven't been very healthy this winter. I just want to be able to enjoy a winter storm.. haven't been able to since the Christmas snow actually in 2010

If you're in Bowling Green, KY, here is your Skew-T.  It will be snow.

Looks like there's some dry air near the surface, so you'll probably have to burn some radar returns for virga, though.

2hnxs7n.gif

Yeah there is precip on radar right over BG but not reaching the ground. At least it will be mostly snow. I tried to go far enough north to avoid any sleet or freezing ran.

Archived