joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody along I-85 is gonna be hit with a bad bad ice storm. Hopefully the generators are gassed up.

North of 85, I imagine! I'm still at 32.5 , have been for going on 5 hours! Not gonna drop that much if this keeps up. Only hope is precip starts at dawn,and WB down to 30 or something for a few hours! Guess cold is always an issue around here!

It's not my fault this winter sucks. Blame Judah Cohen. Never listening to that guy again. SAI my a$$.

OK Let me make myself a bit clearer.  I've had to deal with numerous reports, and one lengthy IM, about your posts tonight. You need to tone it down a bit.  You can take this for what it's worth, but I'm close to deciding to make my job easier. If and when I do, I don't want you to say you weren't warned.

OK Let me make myself a bit clearer.  I've had to deal with numerous reports, and one lengthy IM, about your posts tonight. You need to tone it down a bit.  You can take this for what it's worth, but I'm close to deciding to make my job easier. If and when I do, I don't want you to say you weren't warned.

Look, I know people are pissed off that the storm is not panning out the way they want, but that's no reason to get mad at the person who is making reasonable claims about the possibility of a bust. Don't let the weenie temper tantrums lead you to make the wrong decision. I'm very serious about that. If this is to be a functional board and not just somewhere that wishcasters can hang out, then people need to be able to hear reasonable alternatives. You can't ban people like me yet let dozens of others who get excited about every twist and turn of the model stay on, unmolested. I've backed up each of my statements with reasoning. You may or may not agree with it, and that's fine, but it's there to be seen, and I have others in support of me. Either suspend the weenies or leave it alone. There's nothing I've done that's damaging to the board or against the rules. People complaining about me is not against the rules.

agree 100%.  years back on eastern i used to HATE when widre would post, and after storms came...and busted...i started to change my way of thinking in the days leading up to storms.  i used to be the guy saying "man that radar is blossoming in texas!  models didnt show that!  we are in the game!" and in the end the storm would miss my locale just as the model showed.  you have to follow climo 99% of the time.  i love snow more than ANYONE but i know when to be realistic.  

We all play our parts.  I'm usually too optimistic.  Others like Pack and Widre can be too pessimistic.  It is what it is.  I haven't seen any personal attacks from him or anything.

I don't dislike any of you. I disagree, but I think the SE crew is one of the better crews on the forum. That's why I still come back.

If there have been personal attacks, it was not intended. I will be cognizant of that going forward in any case. The rest is just weather.

Look, I know people are pissed off that the storm is not panning out the way they want, but that's no reason to get mad at the person who is making reasonable claims about the possibility of a bust. Don't let the weenie temper tantrums lead you to make the wrong decision. I'm very serious about that. If this is to be a functional board and not just somewhere that wishcasters can hang out, then people need to be able to hear reasonable alternatives. You can't ban people like me yet let dozens of others who get excited about every twist and turn of the model stay on, unmolested. I've backed up each of my statements with reasoning. You may or may not agree with it, and that's fine, but it's there to be seen, and I have others in support of me. Either suspend the weenies or leave it alone. There's nothing I've done that's damaging to the board or against the rules. People complaining about me is not against the rules.

It's not your message, its your tone. This post is a good example. Continue and your friends will need to come to your defense.  I don't respond well to threats, from anyone.  This job isn't that important to me, and neither are you.

OMG ! The damn clouds! Utter disaster! I don't wish damage and destruction on any one , but damn, I would like to see something other than rain fall from the clouds this winter. The rollercoaster ride through the week to get screwed by clouds, awesome! But next weekend storm will be the one!

You will feel better if you calculate your wetbulb :) Mine 22.1° right now.

Wow, the NWS is forecasting a low of 3 here Thursday morning, a high of 21 on Thursday afternoon, and a low of 4 Friday morning.

And it's mid-February.  Crazy.  I wonder how many years it has been since we had back-to-back single digit low nights in February.

One of our local forecasters already had mix in the forecast for next weekend's storm.  I was surprised.   :popcorn:

Wow, the NWS is forecasting a low of 3 here Thursday morning, a high of 21 on Thursday afternoon, and a low of 4 Friday morning.

And it's mid-February.  Crazy.  I wonder how many years it has been since we had back-to-back single digit low nights in February.

One of our local forecasters already had mix in the forecast for next weekend's storm.  I was surprised.   :popcorn:

Looks like a storm next weekend is becoming more likely.  It's been modeled for several days now.  Hopefully it trends to snow for us instead of fzrn.  Got a feeling I will have my fill of that with this storm.  Really would be awesome to get a snow after temps have been in the single digits.

Looks like a storm next weekend is becoming more likely.  It's been modeled for several days now.  Hopefully it trends to snow for us instead of fzrn.  Got a feeling I will have my fill of that with this storm.  Really would be awesome to get a snow after temps have been in the single digits.

Seems like the GGEM has the storm now and its a pretty good snow up your way.

I'm extremely cautious until I see it on the UKMET though.

Maybe, just having a meltdown! I would rather calculate it from 19 degrees in the morning , not 30, if not warmer! Smh

We dropped down to 28F after the sun went down, then the clouds moved in and its been a steady rise to 32F.  Just goes to show you there is no more cold air being fed down here.  What you have is what you get.

Fox8? I'd be shocked if it was WFMY..

Archived