joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how this is going to improve, no way RDU sees 1-2" of sleet/snow. This looks mostly freezing rain, not severe, but could be moderate.

It's not. Without blocking, we always lose. I don't know why we can't learn this lesson.

I really do think it's entirely possible that this starts as RA/IP, switches briefly to sleet, then some ZR then just rain, and not a lot of any of that. We'll be on the very southern end of the precip shield, which is not a good place to be, cold air or no.

I don't care how much precip we get, the lows are going to bust hard! Cloud deck is thick, be lucky to get to 25, with a forecast of 19! The clouds will break around noon, rain rolls in around five! Worst case scenario , as someone said earlier

This. And it's the same song and dance as about 95% of the time around here. I have now been on 32 for at least 2 hours and it's not budging. Meanwhile the dp climbs up. We easliy get above freezing (from 32) tomorrow and the precip comes in with temps comfortably above freezing and we have another cold rain with a lot of press. SIGH - next please.

With only the occasional exception, I rarely learn much of anything from the model discussions. Fascinating how half a dozen posters can often see three contradicting trends.

Because weenieism runs rampant. People see what they want to see instead of what's actually there. They take models at face value (when they show something good) and dismiss them otherwise.

I literally have not seen more than 4" of snow on the ground in 22 years. Hopefully that streak will change.

Your area and BNA have really sucked it up for a awhile, along with RIC and RDU. After Tuesday your area, BNA and RIC are going to get a huge winter storm. Only leaves one sucker left.

We should do what the MA does, create a pure vent thread, then we can keep the pinned/banter threads freed up. Then people that want to talk about what can go wrong with a winter event won't get piled on. Let's face it, outside of PGV and GSO 9

times out of 10 the events will underperform.

This is a beautiful game of good troll, bad troll being played by Widre and packbacker.

We are just realists, sad we can't speak up about it. There's a reason RDU has sucked wind for so long. I have seen Widre post positive comments about events but it's not often as we have had 2 mediocre events since Dec 2010. That's why he sounds like a broken record, along with me, it's completely sucked snow wise. This winter will suck snow wise. We are going to have another winter with no accumulating snow.

Because weenieism runs rampant. People see what they want to see instead of what's actually there. They take models at face value (when they show something good) and dismiss them otherwise.

O My Freakin' Lord! So here we go. It was really good with 3-5 inches of snow in central NC, Hopefully other folks get some fluffy... Now it's a miller B with a - passover with 1-3 and a bunch of IP then ZR at best. No wonder we're so tired of listening to these models with 10- 20% at best verification. If I presented these type model variations in an investor meeting it would be less than an educated guess and I wouldn't be asked back. I think this is the frustration here. I know that God made economists to make weathermen look good, but it's looking the other way round in this instance. C'mon Lucy let CB get a piece. weenie for the win.

I'm at 25.0°/-2°.  Temps have stopped dropping as fast for now, but there's plenty of nightime left to get down to 20°.

This illustrates how eastern upstate seems to fare better than western upstate about 90% of the time. For situations like this when clouds come in late in the day - you guys have a couple more hours of clear skies under the stars to cool off while we get insulated. In CAD situations - you are just positioned closer to the cold air source, get below freezing sooner, and have more precip to receive while below freezing. You also have less effects of dry slotting from the mtns. The only time we do better is when the precip arrives just before daybreak - you tend to warm a couple degrees by the time it gets to you.

I wish the mods would delete all these troll and fighting post in the storm thread. If you don't know what your taking about, don't post and let the experts post. Most of what's going on in the storm thread tonight is banter and messing up the enjoyment of reading it. The storm going to do what it wants and all we can do is watch. That's how it works.

glad I'm not alone. Last time I made it they were out of jalapeños so I had to settle for poblano peppers. Hopefully HT keeps its jalapeños during this rush tomorrow

Use Anchos - dried poblanos. Makes it smokier and more sweet. Also a good pint of dark lager beer and then a bunch of chili powder to taste. Meaty, smooth, sweet, and spicy as you want it. 2 hours of simmer after everything is cooked.

Archived