joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe that just 48 short hours ago we were worried about suppression.  If there is one thing following weather in the south has taught me over the years, its that the north trend is a very real thing and happens with nearly every winter weather system.

Supression should have never been a concern, no blocking, storms come north. Plus with no blocking we get these wild swings in the modeling.

When I was complaining a little about suppression a few days ago, I mainly was just saying that I feared we'd get a weak, strung-out system without much precip, especially this far north.  That looked like a decent probability a few days ago.  Frankly, at least now we have a stronger system, so I am happy about that.  There were several runs a few days ago that had zilch up here, after all.  Now, around 0.6-1.2" QPF seems to be the consensus.  I'm usually more willing to play ball with the bigger storms and let the chips fall where they may.

Anybody looked at the simulated radars and stuff!? There's a big comma head type moisture shield in KY and in to VA, looks like basically a trailing cold front to the south of that, don't know how we get alot of precip from that!?

I think you should be paying more attention to what's going on in TX. This is going to be a major system in the upstate. Maybe even more snow than anyone is expecting.

I think you should be paying more attention to what's going on in TX. This is going to be a major system in the upstate. Maybe even more snow than anyone is expecting.

IMO, if the precip can get here by noon, we might see an inch or two of snow, if it holds off till 3 or 4

I think we just get sleet and zr, if not just rain? We have a magical way of warming up, even under thick cloud cover and no real wedge. No matter how cold the air mass is suppose to be!

Archived