mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added a few more HRRR soundings that should update hourly:

KCLT

KRDU

KGSP

FYI products update around :20 after the hour for the map plots, and :40 after the hour for the soundings. Let me know if you have any questions. The HRRR does look a bit on the warm side of CLT :(

Hey Phil.....all I get is a blank page when I click any of your links.  Any ideas?  Thx

Who is this NC Piedmont Weather guy?  He has ads on his Facebook page and call maps now and stuff, LOL. :lol:

"Weather You Can Trust" from a random FB user... :yikes:

He's some Baptist minister from W-S.  I think model watching is his side job.  The problem is that he often starts waving warning flags for every potential wintry threat.  When they go poof, his readers say things like, "Thanks for giving us a heads-up. That could have been really bad for us if it had occurred."

:arrowhead:

Getting a little worried about temps.  We've jumped up to 36.7° and seem to be the hottest spot in the upstate now :axe:

Yeah, sleeting harder here now but it's all melting as everything is above freezing. My temp still at 33 - been there since I got up this morning. Kinda hard to have an ice storm if you never get below freezing :sled:

He's some Baptist minister from W-S.  I think model watching is his side job.  The problem is that he often starts waving warning flags for every potential wintry threat.  When they go poof, his readers say things like, "Thanks for giving us a heads-up. That could have been really bad for us if it had occurred."

:arrowhead:

Ha.

The crazy thing is that his forecast for us is more reasonable than DT's. :yikes:

Yeah, sleeting harder here now but it's all melting as everything is above freezing. My temp still at 33 - been there since I got up this morning. Kinda hard to have an ice storm if you never get below freezing :sled:

Maybe it's just a bad reading.  It jumped from 35.4 to 36.7 in like 5 minutes. Wet bulbs still look great though!

So uh... while I'm enjoying these sprinkles of sleet and everything, maybe we should start talking about what's next. Or better yet, let's start PBPing a fictional storm that'll never happen. Y'all can fake it, right?

The 12z LORDS Model just came in.  HUGE Winter storm at hr 1024 (early April).  Looks like 10-12" for Waycross with a stripe of 18-24" north of there for the entire Southeast.

Archived