SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the edge of my seat over here on the east coast of NC. The NWS just issued a winter storm warning after a WSW yesterday and a WWA last jught into this morning and they are saying up to 1" of snow and .25"-.50" of ice. I wonder how this will end up...the pessimistic me says it will be a bust.

But we could still get something. Better than nothing. And you don't know what it will do in the future. I just don't get why you even bother to follow it if you already know it's not going to do anything here.

It's no worse than your proclamations that the storm is going to go south or we're gonna get crushed next week or whatever. No different. You're just being annoying now.

It's no worse than your proclamations that the storm is going to go south or we're gonna get crushed next week or whatever. No different. You're just being annoying now.

I didn't proclaim anything about next week. I said what the Euro shows. I just don't get being negative about something that hasn't even happened yet. Why even bother following anything if you already think it's not going to happen? Makes no sense. It's like watching your sports team but saying they are probably going to lose. What is the fun in that?

I would like to apologize to the thread of posters. Last night I was looking at the radar. I made a comment that it looked to me like the Low coming out of TX was outperforming the Low that was sitting over KS.

I clearly was wrong and these models proved their worth last night.

The KS Low blew up once it hit TN/KY...as the models indicated.

I would like to apologize to the thread of posters. Last night I was looking at the radar. I made a comment that it looked to me like the Low coming out of TX was outperforming the Low that was sitting over KS.

I clearly was wrong and these models proved their worth last night.

The KS Low blew up once it hit TN/KY...as the models indicated.

Well you're not forgiven. I insist you fix it. There's still time!

Yeah they are a couple degrees warmer in the western upstate, but it's starting to erode away. It won't be long until I switch to all sleet/fzrn.

Yeah this may get bad in a while when all that back in Ga moves through into sub freezing air. Not sure how much accrues, but if all that back through there is a sign, then we got a heck of a ice storm on our hands.

I didn't proclaim anything about next week. I said what the Euro shows. I just don't get being negative about something that hasn't even happened yet. Why even bother following anything if you already think it's not going to happen? Makes no sense. It's like watching your sports team but saying they are probably going to lose. What is the fun in that?

You've been proclaiming all winter long. Good grief man!

Better to be positive than negative in life.

What is that phrase Burns got me with the other day? False equivalency. That's right. You don't know a thing about the real personal life of anyone on this board. Most of the time being negative about a snowstorm 7 days out is correct. It has nothing to do with life. To say otherwise is just dumb. Dumb.

Archived