joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm rocks!! As far as fun factors go, this one is up there for sure. Tomorrow is gonna be amazing in the sun. The hill will be crazy fast.

+1 on this. For all of my complaining, I love cold storms where temps are not an issue. It's 24 here and we're not even saturated yet. Unbelievable airmass.

I can't believe it's 21 degrees here with freezing rain. That's just sick.

Anybody know why RAH doesn't put up Ice Storm Warnings for areas expecting 1/4 inch or more of ice accrual? I understand the WSW pretty much covers the same thing, so maybe it doesn't really matter. But from what I can read, a lot of their forecast area would certainly meet the criteria.

+1 on this. For all of my complaining, I love cold storms where temps are not an issue. It's 24 here and we're not even saturated yet. Unbelievable airmass.

You, complain? I won't believe it.

But yeah, temps were supposed to be an issue here. Earlier today I was supposed to get 1/10th FRZR before changing over to rain, and here I sit with pouring sleet at 28, with maybe a half inch on the ground and a nice glaze of ice in the trees. Sure, I'd rather have snow, but any sort of overperforming is awesomesauce. And seeing as how I just joined this site today, I'm going to go ahead and take credit. Kthxbai.

This is just the beginning. I think we are going to have some great chances thus coming week or two. I think we have seen from this storm that the current cold pattern is real and the models overdid the north trend.

This is the beginning, middle and end. No more snow for us, oh wait, we haven't anything more than a trace of snow this winter. Next winter event is Feb 201?

Archived