joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where the heck is everybody? Biggest winter storm of the season, and nobody's here!

Watching the Euro model come in and dropping 10-12" next Tuesday, another repeat of this event, it will slowly trend north for a few RDU sleet pellets.  This event is so pathetic, can't believe this trended from a solid 4-5" snow to a half inch of sleet with 0.2" of freezing rain, we suck... :bag: '

Where the heck is everybody? Biggest winter storm of the season, and nobody's here!

Watching the Euro model come in and dropping 10-12" next Tuesday, another repeat of this event, it will slowly trend north for a few RDU sleet pellets.  This event is so pathetic, can't believe this trended from a solid 4-5" snow to a half inch of sleet with 0.2" of freezing rain, we suck... :bag: '

Posted that map so we can verify how far storms move NE at day 8.  My guess is that KY to MA to NYC to BOS will be jackpot.

post-2311-0-26090400-1424112827_thumb.pn

Pack, you are a funny guy! Any blocking? If not, you'll probably be right.

Hell no it's not going to snow here, something I learned all to well for today.  No, there's no blocking.  It will trend stronger into an Apps runner.

Euro actually has another coastal day 9, back to back coastals for us, total probably 15-18" for both.

Posted that map so we can verify how far storms move NE at day 8.  My guess is that KY to MA to NYC to BOS will be jackpot.

Love your positive attitude. Why even bother watching the next week if you know what it will do already?

Hell no it's not going to snow here, something I learned all to well for today.  No, there's no blocking.  It will trend stronger into an Apps runner.

Euro actually has another coastal day 9, back to back coastals for us, total probably 15-18" for both.

Nice. Phil's HRRR makes me feel better now. Hopefully, the precip hole will go away.

So the EURO is playing along with my fictional storm(s) idea? That's so sweet.  :wub:

Love your positive attitude. Why even bother watching the next week if you know what it will do already?

To learn, like I stated.  I want to see how far the Euro Op strays from a day 7-8 model run  I suspect there will be a storm next Sun-Wed, not sure which day.  But I have little doubt it will not be an event for us.

Think about it, the Saturday 12z run of the Euro dropped 5" of snow on us, from 72-84 hours out.  This is a 168-192" event, it will not be what it showed today, it will be NW of what it's showing.

To learn, like I stated.  I want to see how far the Euro Op strays from a day 7-8 model run  I suspect there will be a storm next Sun-Wed, not sure which day.  But I have little doubt it will not be an event for us.

Think about it, the Saturday 12z run of the Euro dropped 5" of snow on us, from 72-84 hours out.  This is a 168-192" event, it will not be what it showed today, it will be NW of what it's showing.

But we could still get something. Better than nothing. And you don't know what it will do in the future. I just don't get why you even bother to follow it if you already know it's not going to do anything here.

But we could still get something. Better than nothing. And you don't know what it will do in the future. I just don't get why you even bother to follow it if you already know it's not going to do anything here.

I know what's going to happen, same crap that's been happening season after season.  Think about it, we have had 2 moderate events since Jan 2011, that's it.  And both of those we got fringed on, had they been 20 miles east/west we would have doubled up.  It's just not that we don't have good luck, we really have bad luck.  Snow storms have been dodging us left/ridge/up/down forever now.  This event is just another one of those.  There is a reason we our 10 year snow average is a little over 3" per season, while GSO is over climo, they are 30 miles from here.  PGV is over climo the past 10 years and they are 30 miles west of us.  How does that happen consistently over and over.  I can't explain it.  BNA and RIC have been just as bad as us, while areas around them have done great, it's just the luck of the draw right now.  Places like GSO/PGV/MA/PHL are just rolling right now and have been for many seasons.  Our time will come and I will be the most optimistic person on this board.  My guess is 2017 or 2018 we start to get more snow, a few more years....

I know what's going to happen, same crap that's been happening season after season.  Think about it, we have had 2 moderate events since Jan 2011, that's it.  And both of those we got fringed on, had they been 20 miles east/west we would have doubled up.  It's just not that we don't have good luck, we really have bad luck.  Snow storms have been dodging us left/ridge/up/down forever now.  This event is just another one of those.  There is a reason we our 10 year snow average is a little over 3" per season, while GSO is over climo, they are 30 miles from here.  PGV is over climo the past 10 years and they are 30 miles west of us.  How does that happen consistently over and over.  I can't explain it.  BNA and RIC have been just as bad as us, while areas around them have done great, it's just the luck of the draw right now.  Places like GSO/PGV/MA/PHL are just rolling right now and have been for many seasons.  Our time will come and I will be the most optimistic person on this board.  My guess is 2017 or 2018 we start to get more snow, a few more years....

Well, guess we'll see you in 2017 since you know nothing will happen until then.

168-192 inch event, you say? And Brick calls you negative...

:P

Archived