joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Epic fail! This is setting the table for Friday night !

The local weather geeks have been telling you all along what to expect. You live 6 miles South of I-85.

I sit 6 miles North of I-85 where it is currently 28 and cloudy.

WYFF have been very consistent saying this is going to be a problem North of I-85.

Really hope we get some snow out of this. Even just 2 inches with sleet on top would be a big event. Keep that freezing rain away! Just hope things move further south and colder than the models are showing. My power lines are underground, so maybe I will be okay.

I think the system for next week might be even bigger. 

Really hope we get some snow out of this. Even just 2 inches with sleet on top would be a big event. Keep that freezing rain away! Just hope things move further south and colder than the models are showing. My power lines are underground, so maybe I will be okay.

Lets see what the RGEM says at 10:15am.  The past couple of runs have been bullish on the snow getting down to I-40, atleast an inch for RDU, maybe a little more for you.  RGEM usually runs a little warm but it's very cold for 2m's.

post-2311-0-07333700-1424094804_thumb.pn

I think the bigger story this week for me is the single digits later this week.  Haven't been in single digits in I don't know how long.  Not that I can remember anyway. 

Even though it's nice to see storm potential in the future, I have no confidence at all that anything will stay south of us.  NW trend is just absolutely killer this year. 

Edit to say I can't believe that the 18Z Navgem started the trend NW on Saturday for this "storm".  The 18Z Navgem!!

Your forecast was 4 inches of snow with sleet on top. Fail. Also stop lying, you know damn well you want an ice storm. All of you guys on here would take an ice storm. IDC what y'all say! :lol:

Your forecast was 4 inches of snow with sleet on top. Fail. Also stop lying, you know damn well you want an ice storm. All of you guys on here would take an ice storm. IDC what y'all say! :lol:

No, I don't want an ice storm if it means losing power. You don't know me. So stop being a jerk and saying you know what I want.

Not any of us that live out in the country :P

If there's massive power outages it takes a while for crews to get to us in good conditions.

I think the bigger story this week for me is the single digits later this week. Haven't been in single digits in I don't know how long. Not that I can remember anyway.

Even though it's nice to see storm potential in the future, I have no confidence at all that anything will stay south of us. NW trend is just absolutely killer this year.

Edit to say I can't believe that the 18Z Navgem started the trend NW on Saturday for this "storm". The 18Z Navgem!!

Haha! Unbelievable. The new best model at 3 days out is the 18z Navgem!

The local weather geeks have been telling you all along what to expect. You live 6 miles South of I-85.

I sit 6 miles North of I-85 where it is currently 28 and cloudy.

WYFF have been very consistent saying this is going to be a problem North of I-85.

Yea Im north of that line as well and Ive got a temp of 30 with a wet bulb of 24. Can't help but think when this moves in with those numbers it will be frozen or fall as ZR across the upstate! we will see

Archived