joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it not possible to ever get a south trend? Why is it that within 24-48 hours out there is a north or west trend 99% of the time?

MA gets .3-.4" of precip for 4-6" of snow, LOL. We get 1" of snow with an inch of sleet. I am not sure we don't end up rain when this is done.

Packbacker you have to be the most half cup full person I've ever come across. You've cancelled winter and now worry about 33 degree rain, really? I got news for you, your surface temps aren't getting to freezing, nether is Charlotte during precip. Also you aren't going to stay all snow. Change to sleet highly likely, and possibly frzng rain I'll grant you. But quite getting yanked by every model run. Enjoy the winter storm. The ground will be covered, trees covered , great sledding, want melt for several days. Pick your chin up.

Get the feeling the upstate may be trending towards an epic ice storm.

The trends for the upstate today have been awful. While everyone was worried about supression the last couple days, I was pleading for it to stay south. These ALWAYS trend North the preceeding 3 days or so and we end up in the ice or rain sector. It's like winning the lottery these days to get a snow South of the state line.

The trends for the upstate today have been awful. While everyone was worried about supression the last couple days, I was pleading for it to stay south. These ALWAYS trend North the preceeding 3 days or so and we end up in the ice or rain sector. It's like winning the lottery these days to get a snow South of the state line.

No need to worry, tomorrow there will be one final correction slightly south to save the day for some of us. :)

Packbacker you have to be the most half cup full person I've ever come across. You've cancelled winter and now worry about 33 degree rain, really? I got news for you, your surface temps aren't getting to freezing, nether is Charlotte during precip. Also you aren't going to stay all snow. Change to sleet highly likely, and possibly frzng rain I'll grant you. But quite getting yanked by every model run. Enjoy the winter storm. The ground will be covered, trees covered , great sledding, want melt for several days. Pick your chin up.

So the GFS just spit out roughly all ice for RDU and that's suppose to make me think this is a good event and a good winter? I hope this thing tracks down I-40.

So the GFS just spit out roughly all ice for RDU and that's suppose to make me think this is a good event and a good winter? I hope this thing tracks down I-40.

This is the UKMET's storm. I wouldn't think anything until you see that. Seriously though, it has been showing the idea showing up on all the models now for 3 days.

I believe we might be getting above freezing now on Tuesday.  I can see a cold rain in the RDU modeling by this time tomorrow.--not that it will be, but likelihood is growing

I believe we might be getting above freezing now on Tuesday.  I can see a cold rain in the RDU modeling by this time tomorrow.--not that it will be, but likelihood is growing

In the last 15 years I've had a WSW for like 16"+ and one for 8-12"+ on the day of the storm end up with 0 snow. Nothing in certain in central NC until it's on the ground. That said, I think warming up as far north as RDU is really, really unlikely.

Archived