Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 29-31 Clipper Observations/Nowcasting

Bostonseminole

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, especially w/studded tires.  It had better traction than my current ride, a 2011 Ranger 2WD with all-seasons (haven't bought the snows yet), even with the firewood I put in its bed.  And my commute includes the aptly-named Mile Hill, a 300' elevation gain with a sharp (and reverse-banked) corner at the bottom, negating any run-up speed.

Very light snow now in AUG, with tiny flakes.

gotta love that corner. cycling up the hill was a real treat

gotta love that corner. cycling up the hill was a real treat

Yup.  About one southbound vehicle takes the ditch there every couple weeks in winter.

Now moderate snow in AUG, enough to almost overcome the massive salt application on the sidewalks.  (They've planted and replanted - as trees died - nice 2-3" caliper sugar maple along those paths.  Someone ought to look into salt tolerance for urban trees.)

Looks like 3" so far on the ground here, Models have been trending further east with the low, Looks like DE Maine will see the higher totals now, Pretty typical in this set up if the low does not bomb soon enough, Probably see 6-8" here now, Which is fine by me............lol

Yeah its near the house, probably why its too warm, but it gets real cold at night too.  It probably is too high, but it drops rapidly at sunset.

Anyways NWS is bullish on amounts for the Outer Cape, east of HYA.  That includes Harwich, Chatham, Orleans, Eastham, Truro, Provincetown, Dennis, Yarmouth and of course Brewster.

Looks like 3" so far on the ground here, Models have been trending further east with the low, Looks like DE Maine will see the higher totals now, Pretty typical in this set up if the low does not bomb soon enough, Probably see 6-8" here now, Which is fine by me............lol

looks like the back edge is approaching already. Be interesting to see what we get if anything later tonite. Honestly, I'm still cleaning up after the last storm so not sorry to see lower totals, although it pains me to say that :)

Archived