joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29-31 Clipper Observations/Nowcasting

Bostonseminole

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wireless invisible fence, ftw.  Just kick her out--she'll let me know when she wants to come back in.

Did that 3 times prior to her walk. Wanted her to get some exercise. With the invisible fence she just did her thing then came back to the door.

She is kinda wimpy unless we are out there. She was burrowing through the snowpack yesterday afternoon. At one point she was 100% under the snow! and she is fairly big.

7" at 1500ft....10" at 3000ft from the clipper on the east side. Blocked flow favored the west slope with Smuggs only 2 miles away getting 14" at upper elevations.

Clippers usually work nicely up here.

Now let's play a game called wind chill...

At 3,600ft I'm seeing -20.4F ambient and we have 40mph winds, so the old wind chill is -84F, and the new wind chill calculations are -57F.

While you're much colder in the greens than  the Presidentials at this point, it's interesting to see that the coldest temp on Mt. Washington is at 3300' (-6).  -1 at the base, up to +3 at 4300 and back to -4 at the summit.

Did that 3 times prior to her walk. Wanted her to get some exercise. With the invisible fence she just did her thing then came back to the door.

She is kinda wimpy unless we are out there. She was burrowing through the snowpack yesterday afternoon. At one point she was 100% under the snow! and she is fairly big.

Ours would burrow in the snow if it wasn't a glacier.  :)

Is your fence a wireless one?  I'm getting a second unit to overlap the current one thus extending her range by a few hundred feet.  I need a less concentrated minefield. 

While you're much colder in the greens than the Presidentials at this point, it's interesting to see that the coldest temp on Mt. Washington is at 3300' (-6). -1 at the base, up to +3 at 4300 and back to -4 at the summit.

I did notice that. I was surprised at how relatively warm it was on MWN at all elevations.

Heck it's -7F and windy in town right now.

But mountain is hovering around -20F...with 40mph winds.

Ours would burrow in the snow if it wasn't a glacier.  :)

Is your fence a wireless one?  I'm getting a second unit to overlap the current one thus extending her range by a few hundred feet.  I need a less concentrated minefield.

Yes. She doesn't go near the boundary, although one time she saw the neighbors chickens and got a big zap. She hated the glacier ice

Archived