joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rarely post b/c I know nothing, but we have a very decent snow coming down in wheaton. About an inch on the grass. Pavement including roadways getting covered. Already beats the boxing day massacre. That was the worst b/c we had nothing but everyone in every direction even south had something. 

yes....RAP and HRRR (to a lesser extent) really want to band DC metro later this evening..like 9-11 pm..we'll have to see what happens

If radar trends hold I could really believe it. You can also see the typical western band stretching from Thurmont down to Leesburg lol. I was (and still am a bit) skeptical but this radar is pretty impressive. 

The way those NNW-SSE bands are going to align...someone's gonna get screwed in between the bands.  And it may not be your typical 'higher totals west or east of me'...because of the orientation there's a chancesareas to the SW get more than those to the NE.

Freezing rain? Apparently its a sheet of ice in some places on the Eastern Shore.

It's pretty slushy but not super slippery here. Definitely not melting tho. 

There's been a warm nose at 900 mb, but it should be gone by now or very close...

I figured. When that band came in it was snowing pretty good for a few but then it went to some liquid drops with only a few tiny flakes mixed in. Pretty neat event at least in terms of evolution. 

Half snow half sleet here. Temp is 29.

Considering the radar right now looks virtually nothing like the latest hrrr/rap, I'm not sure how good they are as guidance going forward. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think right now. The area between fdk and hgr looks like it's getting raked right now. 

The way those NNW-SSE bands are going to align...someone's gonna get screwed in between the bands. And it may not be your typical 'higher totals west or east of me'...because of the orientation there's a chancesareas to the SW get more than those to the NE.

Looks like we might miss out?

Half snow half sleet here. Temp is 29.

Considering the radar right now looks virtually nothing like the latest hrrr/rap, I'm not sure how good they are as guidance going forward. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think right now. The area between fdk and hgr looks like it's getting raked right now. 

The superband has slid a little SW of me now. I hope we don't end up screwed between bands around our parts. 

Archived