joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23-24 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, my 5-8" call for Bergen worked out pretty darn well.

Just got a final measurement of 7.2" with a confirmed 8" report to my South. Very decent storm considering all the blood, sweat, and tears that went into this one.

unbelievable - everyone seemed to get 5-8 in the area -- wound up with 2.5 in hoboken maybe 3 if you take into account some has compacted by now.

unbelievable - everyone seemed to get 5-8 in the area -- wound up with 2.5 in hoboken maybe 3 if you take into account some has compacted by now.

Yeah thats what I've heard from my friends in that area. We managed to get into some serious snow rates at around 2am and it wound up lasting enough time to really add up.

... Make sure everyone from the OKX CWA sends in their reports!

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/report.php

So any of these stations have less than say 4 inches of snow...they must have exceptionally bad ratios (less than 9:1)...which is not out of the question with a wet snow that falls at the freezing point. 

Central Park of would indicate that, 2.5 inches on .40 or so, I thought it may have been wrong but the report was around 5am and someone here from Hoboken confirmed they only had 2.5-3.0.

Central Park of would indicate that, 2.5 inches on .40 or so, I thought it may have been wrong but the report was around 5am and someone here from Hoboken confirmed they only had 2.5-3.0.

confirmed - it was 2.5" at 6:30AM so there may have been some compaction from 3" total but 2.5 - 3 is a safe bet..

new snow - 9.0 inches.

just called in the total

Probably 6 to 12 inches over western Passaic / eastern Sussex Counties...certainly no changeover to liquid...maybe a brief period of sleet at the height of the storm.

Another good call...

Per early PNS from OKX:

LGA 2.2

JFK 2.9

Nothing from the CPK yet

EWR 3.6

Those are likely going to be final numbers for those stations.

Maybe EWR picks up another tenth or two

LGA now with 4.0 inches of snow...JFK with 3.4 inches of snow...so those would *not* be the final numbers for those stations. 

Archived