joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23-24 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still ripping heavy snow here - closing in on 3".  

Mt. Holly updated their WWAdvisories for the I-95 corridor, now calling for 1-5" which is a huge spread - they probably should break it into smaller sections.  Was wondering why they hadn't updated their AFD since 10 pm.  Happy to see they're seeing reality in the Trenton to Woodbridge corridor, as per below...

TRENTON AREA TO NEW BRUNSWICK...SNOW WILL CONTINUE HEAVY AT
TIMES THROUGH DAWN... POSSIBLY MIXING WITH SLEET OR RAIN FOR A
TIME. TWO TO FOUR INCH AMOUNTS WILL BE COMMON FROM TRENTON TO
NEW BRUNSWICK.

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=phi&wwa=winter%20weather%20advisory

Still ripping heavy snow here - closing in on 3".  

Mt. Holly updated their WWAdvisories for the I-95 corridor, now calling for 1-5" which is a huge spread - they probably should break it into smaller sections.  Was wondering why they hadn't updated their AFD since 10 pm.  Happy to see they're seeing reality in the Trenton to Woodbridge corridor, as per below...

TRENTON AREA TO NEW BRUNSWICK...SNOW WILL CONTINUE HEAVY AT

TIMES THROUGH DAWN... POSSIBLY MIXING WITH SLEET OR RAIN FOR A

TIME. TWO TO FOUR INCH AMOUNTS WILL BE COMMON FROM TRENTON TO

NEW BRUNSWICK.

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=phi&wwa=winter%20weather%20advisory

Yeah and those 2 to 4" amounts might still be low. Trenton area is already close to 4

The yellows on radar moving through central Long Island at the moment...heavy snow now in the area with very large flakes. 

Well NWS was right about start time here in Ossining. 12 midnight hit and flakes started to fly. now at 31.2 degrees . I am guessing temps will drop as snow gets harder. Should be interesting up here around 287 and north. Amazing snowfall in the last 1/2 hour went from 3/4 inch to 2 1/2 inches.  

I just got a slow blower, so probably I have jinxed the storm but hoping I get to use it tomorrow. Speaking of snowblowers, as a first time buyer, can you use regular 5w30 auto oil for a snowblower? Thanks. Manual says use 4-stroke high detergent quality premium motor oil that meets or exceeds SG, SF classification. Any suggestions? Should I use synthetic 5w-30 auto oil? Thanks. I have a brand new craftsman snowblower.

Archived