Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Observations for Jan 24/25 snowstorm

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely incorrect. Take a look at radar's to the west. It's coming together now..Not sure what you're talking about TBH

it's the radars to our SW that interest me, once this bombs let's hope it turns NE and the whip envelopes us all. The good HRRR runs incorporated the moisture from the SW, the bad runs skip that east

Guess it can snow to the coast without a high to the north.. Dynamics FTW

This is true... It's all about storm tracks.  People tend to box up storm systems into cans and cannots, based upon rules that really don't exist. 

Just because you don't have a high, doesn't mean it can't snow in the winter... Particularly at our latitude, when the antecedent air mass has WB temperatures starting out in the 20s!  The cold in place does off some limited albeit enough BL resistance to warm penetration.    

Absolutely incorrect. Take a look at radar's to the west. It's coming together now..Not sure what you're talking about TBH

No .. that's just a typical banded pulse amid a weakly defined deformation band.  Go down to NYC radar (NWS).. that's where you're heading...

Maybe I'm drunk..but that area down around NYC and south of LI sure looks like it's getting better organized and filling with some heavier returns..My guess is that sort of links up with that band on the ALB radar and pivots across the region

i havent looked at modeling this am. Mid levels are closing off. This should be happening but it favors orh to ne ma

god damn! Been on campus recently? It's changed alot

This will be a 25th reunion year so I'll get up there. When I was there the apartments on the back end of campus were brand new!

No science center then either. They have really turned that college into something good. We used to have keg parties on the soccer field. Lol. That probably doesn't happen anymore.

Cleared the snow with my now aging Airens.  15 years old but still in decent shape.  Doesnt blow its load quite as far as it did in its youth, but still a decent blast.

While I was out there it actually changed to a moderate snow for a while before getting back into the sleet/ rain mix. Right now it does not look to be doing anything.

Currently 33F.

Archived