northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Observations for Jan 24/25 snowstorm

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What should happen from here on out..we should see radar start filling back in to the west and sw as the morning progresses and especially this afternoon..So we should see a nice organized shield move from west to east as the mid level centers develop and move east

This better happen in a hurry.  Things are really moving along.  Hope it does though.

what's preventing the warmer air from really working in?  is the system tracking a bit further SE than modeled?  

Anytime the depth of atmosphere between the 850 and 700mb levels attempts and/or succeeds in closing off SE of a given region, rule number 1 ... you look at warming with a "degree" (nyuk nyuk) of incredulity.  

I was giggling when I saw rain fears N of PVD... that said.  I am actually surprised a little that the transition axis penetrated as far as it did.  

Be that as it may ... up here in the interior/NE Mass we got a beautiful low impact gorgeous, classic looking New England snowfall.  Wouldn't even call it "storm" in the sense/spirit of what storming means.  It's just low wind, 31F uniform aggregate snow at about .5 visibility ...at times a little less.   I measured 3.5" 45 minutes ago, and we're in a bit of heavier burst now.  

Back edge races through CT though, and it gradually wanes to a  drizzle/snizzle festering afternoon it would appear...

What should happen from here on out..we should see radar start filling back in to the west and sw as the morning progresses and especially this afternoon..So we should see a nice organized shield move from west to east as the mid level centers develop and move east

nope... Pretty much over for you down there.  You may get that under the radar drizzle/freezing drizzle/gains and/flurries, if the column stays saturated under shallow inversion that's typical post these sort of events, but the better lift/dynamics are scooting past.

Folks, it is typical also for open progressive waves in fast-ish flows to beat out modeling/timing by some.

Anytime the depth of atmosphere between the 850 and 700mb levels attempts and/or succeeds in closing off SE of a given region, rule number 1 ... you look at warming with a "degree" (nyuk nyuk) of incredulity.  

I was giggling when I saw rain fears N of PVD... that said.  I am actually surprised a little that the transition axis penetrated as far as it did.  

Be that as it may ... up here in the interior/NE Mass we got a beautiful low impact gorgeous, classic looking New England snowfall.  Wouldn't even call it "storm" in the sense/spirit of what storming means.  It's just low wind, 31F uniform aggregate snow at about .5 visibility ...at times a little less.   I measured 3.5" 45 minutes ago, and we're in a bit of heavier burst now.  

Back edge races through CT though, and it's drizzle/snizzle festering afternoon it would appear...

Same here in coastal Maine.  Been like this all winter.  Nice low impact storms.

nope... Pretty much over for you down there.  You may get that under the radar drizzle/freezing drizzle/gains and/flurries, if the column stays saturated under shallow inversion that's typical post these sort of events, but the better lift/dynamics are scooting past.

Folks, it is typical also for open progressive waves in fast-ish flows to beat out modeling/timing by some.

Absolutely incorrect. Take a look at radar's to the west. It's coming together now..Not sure what you're talking about TBH

I think it will be intense until about 1 or 2, but I foresee a bit of a lull before it picks back up around 4. But I hope you're right.

Pounding parachutes. 4". 31.2/31

Archived