NYC QPF (Snowfall)

SREF: 1.25 - 1.50 (>12")

NAM: 0.15 - 0.25 (>2")

GFS: 1.10 - 1.25 (>15")

GGEM: 1.75 - 2.00 (>20")

GEFS: 1.10 - 1.25 (>15")

UKMET : 040 - 0.60 (>5")

ECM: 2.10 - 2.30 (GULP >22")

not nit picking but the GEFS I see is 1.5 and the GGEM is 2.5 as is the EURO on all the high res maps.

Sounds like a beer I want to drink right now.

I never though that with what this model is putting out would get me this high! Cheers to the BLIZZARD!

Regarding flying out here to catch this? Don't do it. You're in a new job and need to hit the ball outta the park. Just plan a nice ski trip to Kirkwood CA or Alta/Snowbird UT in the right pattern and get your feet of snow! I know there's nothing quite like having a BLIZZARD at home in the CP.

-Jason

1/25 00Z Summary

NYC QPF (Snowfall)

SREF: 1.25 - 1.50 (>12")

NAM: 0.15 - 0.25 (>2")

GFS: 1.10 - 1.25 (>15")

GGEM: 1.75 - 2.00 (>20")

GEFS: 1.10 - 1.25 (>15")

UKMET : 040 - 0.60 (>5")

ECM: 2.10 - 2.30 (GULP >22")

Tony, I have 2.70" for NYC on the NAM (I meant Euro, which seems to be impersonating some of the crazy NAM runs of the past).

Is it wrong of me to be excited but slightly worried we're going to see another March '01 with this storm? Forecasts were just as high this far out. I'm excited, but nervous that the storm may underperform like March 01.

I'm worried as well. Best to remind us that we just do not see 30-40". Could it happen? Yes. Odds? Well tomorrow we'd be better off tracking UFOs. This run actually made me even more anxious than if it DID NOT show a big hit....geez....

I just set up a conference call in my company (I work for a private jet company) the same time the EURO was coming out and they couldn't understand my excitement when I relayed them what the latest run was. Looks like I'm going to be busy for the next couple of days, haha!

My only question right now since I haven't paid attention to this since Thursday, is that what spurred the big change in the last 24 hours? I thought with the shortwave digging farther south that it was just going to scoot OTS? Was it the Saturday storm that caused all these changes?

Archived