joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOR ME,EASTERN LONG island, lack of snow up to now,and basically all of long island will likely be quickly erased and we well be in a good snow range for season! and more storms to freaking come Omfg the beast of winter has finally awoken

In other news blizzard party in orient,ny EASTERN most part of long island minus Montauk lol. :)

Things are looking very interesting, I officially mention in my official forceast that there is a possibility of a historic storm. I am waiting to see what the computer models say tomorrow before I go "all in". I did not like the NAM run, to me it was odd, it went crazy @12Z than dropped it, like the GFS got I hope that NCEP upgrades it.

Things are looking very interesting, I officially mention in my official forceast that there is a possibility of a historic storm. I am waiting to see what the computer models say tomorrow before I go "all in". I did not like the NAM run, to me it was odd, it went crazy @12Z than dropped it, like the GFS got I hope that NCEP upgrades it.

The NAM should pretty much never be looked at outside of 36 hrs. It has prettier graphics than the other models so I guess it makes for better eye candy.

So "IF" tonight's EURO show the mega hit, is a 1ft - 2ft Blizzard a lock for NYC/LI or do we wait until the 12Z suite? Someone said the GGM had up to 3" of QPF on E-LI with 15:1 ratios, that's 45 inches of snow, imagine if that actually verified? Lol

-Jason

Euro run would be encouraging however the UKMET being east prevents this from being a lock until 12z.

So "IF" tonight's EURO show the mega hit, is a 1ft - 2ft Blizzard a lock for NYC/LI or do we wait until the 12Z suite? Someone said the GGM had up to 3" of QPF on E-LI with 15:1 ratios, that's 45 inches of snow, imagine if that actually verified? Lol

-Jason

Honestly, I won't be sold on more than 8-12 inches for my area until the Monday 12z run shows it.

I think it's best we at least TRY to keep ourselves calm (tough for me to do) and exercise caution.....assuming most models do come to a consensus (which they have not yet.....they seem to be all or nothing.....with certain major models not looking too impressive) of 12-20" or so for all of us.....any slight shift or later development and shift just 25-50 miles E/NE with the heavy snow band could easily result in NJ/NYC being brought down to 3-6" or so.....Mostly all of SNE I would say is "secure" right now.....I know it's easy to get caught up in it, however, even some of the best mets in their discussions cannot deny that this is the type of system that will rob some area bigtime (in other words showing 12"+ 48 hours before the storm, just to bring it down to a much lesser snow event. We've seen it happen before when we're on the edge of a MAJOR snow event.....just outside of that band is a significant snow event that someone will get left with....CHEERS to all and lets get that Euro going

-Jason

I'd be a lot more excited if the Euro and ensembles followed up with another mega hit on this run (and I don't even live on LI anymore!!). Sometimes the Euro can have a hiccup run but if it follows up with a similar solution, it's very likely onto something, especially when we're so close in. It put 36" of snow into Trenton last run for crying out loud.

Archived