• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

You can't just decide to end an argument by calling someone a troll. If I knew where to find verification scores I would post them which would end this argument one way or the other. I honestly don't know if the nam is that terrible at this range, I'm only assuming that claim is a subjective bias. If you have the verification to prove otherwise, then post it and the matter will be settled.

It's always terribLe. This isn't a weenie statement. It's often different from its last run starting at hr 6 or even 12...and it's almost always wrong.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, my www.wunderground.com forecast shows 13-23 inches of snow falling from monday through late tuesday (I just realized their forecasts are actually based on TWC's. Used to be NWS I believe)......Anyway, i'm surprised to see TWC biting this hard already

I watched some of heir coverage this afternoon and they were pretty bullish on heavy snow from Philly on northeast (they had a light/mod/heavy snow shading and most of NJ on NE were under the heavy snow shade). 

You can't just decide to end an argument by calling someone a troll. If I knew where to find verification scores I would post them which would end this argument one way or the other. I honestly don't know if the nam is that terrible at this range, I'm only assuming that claim is a subjective bias. If you have the verification to prove otherwise, then post it and the matter will be settled.

I've been lurking these boards for like 14/15 years and I can tell you everyone bashes the NAM 25 hours a day/ 8 days a week. This model is butt ugly. Outside 36 hours they say it's utterly useless. Mets/amateurs/ weenies alike.in fact the only 1 thing pretty much everyone agrees on is that Low pressure spins counterclockwise and that the NAM stinks. I hope everyone gets nailed big time. Have a great night everyone! Sweet dreams.

-Jason

I watched some of heir coverage this afternoon and they were pretty bullish on heavy snow from Philly on northeast (they had a light/mod/heavy snow shading and most of NJ on NE were under the heavy snow shade). 

It's really nerve-racking, but our areas tend to do the best when the far western suburbs don't. Sure, there's storms that both camps can reap the rewards from, but usually our most dynamic storms with the most impressive inch per hour rates are those that are better along the coast and pushing NE......only thing is you ride the line. High bust potential. I remember December 2000.....Overperformer.....Though areas like West Milford got CRUSHED, just west of there the amounts dropped off very, very quickly

So the UKMET would be the outlier, not the Euro which is agreement with several other models..

Exactly! But you only mentioned the NAM was in disagreement. I think the UKMET is an important model as far as verification scores go (I could be wrong though) But when you have the EURO, GFS, GGM plus ensembles, we're looking pretty darn good brother!

It's really nerve-racking, but our areas tend to do the best when the far western suburbs don't. Sure, there's storms that both camps can reap the rewards from, but usually our most dynamic storms with the most impressive inch per hour rates are those that are better along the coast and pushing NE......only thing is you ride the line. High bust potential. I remember December 2000.....Overperformer.....Though areas like West Milford got CRUSHED, just west of there the amounts dropped off very, very quickly

Miller b rule 1 someone always gets screwed. I wouldn't be surprised to see the western cutoff tightened in future runs. Add a minor shift east and western nj could potentially become a screw zone.

The 00z Control run is west of the operational run. Another very intense solution.

Fantastic news. Thanks for all the info you've been providing tonight superstorm....a real service to all. Starting to get excited we could have a storm in the class of 1996, PD2 and Boxing Day. I can't remember the euro showing snowfall amounts like this so close to the start of a storm....

Archived