joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the early look of this one, agree it's got 4-8 inch potential and if it could track a wee bit south then 8-12 enters the picture.

Would start as rain or sleet from about IAD-BWI-ACY south and change to snow if GFS track verified. But wastage looks like maybe 20% at worst. Long slow evolution with bitter cold to north FTW. Good luck.

I remember a clipper in 87? that blew up with thundersnow as it passed just south and off the coast. You guys with rainman snow memory would prob know it off the top of your heads.

Seeing how organized it is as it passed and then deepens off the coast is a bit exciting. I'll be up for the euro to knock me back to reality.

I remember a clipper in 87? that blew up with thundersnow as it passed just south and off the coast. You guys with rainman snow memory would prob know it off the top of your heads.

Seeing how organized it is as it passed and then deepens off the coast is a bit exciting. I'll be up for the euro to knock me back to reality.

you're almost definitely thinking of March 8th 1984....

you're almost definitely thinking of March 8th 1984....

That's probably what he is thinking of however there was a fast moving clipper the end of Jan. 87. It came in with a vengeance and dropped a quick 1-3 with some places getting 4 in the overnight hours. It only lasted 2-3 hours and it essentially ended that great 10 day period. Not sure how this system affected the DC area.

That's it. I remember getting pounded late and was getting dark. I was shocked at the rates. Don't remember specifics but I think I got 5-6" or something like that.

me too

great storm, some thunder while it was still light and the wind started kicking in out of the east strong too

drove down BW Pkwy in my 77' Ford Pinto during the height and almost rear-ended some guy

by the time I got to Old Town, there was barely an inch

PHL got 10"+ if memory serves

we had a pretty good mauler or clipper during the winter of 94/95.  can't remember the exact date, but i remember it came down pretty good.  4-6"+ event i believe.  if anyone remembers that one, i'd be interested to know the date.

edit: think it's the one from feb 3-4, 1995, but i think that's a different setup.  ah well.

Archived